Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Takeda SRI removed for about a week now, and went back to stock intake. Driving with stock intake, I feel like it has more torque in low rpm, but with the foot down the engine rpm seems to pick up slower. I know SRI improves the engine's response time but can it effect low-end torque?
Did you guys fell the difference with low rpm torque when you switch to SRI or CAI, or it's all just in my head? :dunno:

By the way, Honda had re-open the NSX file :notworthy It's supposed to be based off their experience with the HSV.

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Yeah buddy! Accord Based AWD Hybrid V6, but first reports are saying between 200-250 hp...??? The V6 in the Accord now is puttin out 268! They need to make it an atleast 300 hp 350Z killer! :D

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know Honda can use the most out of HP but they should put at least 500HP. It should compete with Lexus LFA, Nissan GT-R and the new Ferrari F458, not the Z the S2000 was for that.

·
Registered
188 Posts
the quote was 200-250hp, but they did not mention the electric motor hp/tq numbers at all. w/ the electric motors, it could easily reach the 350hp range & well over that for torque. they are putting priority on an accord based sports car, but they are not dismissing NSX plans yet. they just are not doing anything about it right now. i guarantee by 2015, honda will have a 350z competitor. to say it competes with the tt coupe, the high end model (tts or whatever) does 0-60 in 3.9 secs. i doubt thats going to happen w/ the honda variant.

bring the prelude back. thats all i have to say. sh awd prelude ftw. make it light, finally use a damn turbo for efficiency & use a double clutch system to appeal to the masses w/ a 6sp manual option. not too much to ask for.

·
port & polish everything
1,698 Posts
I had my Takeda SRI removed for about a week now, and went back to stock intake. Driving with stock intake, I feel like it has more torque in low rpm, but with the foot down the engine rpm seems to pick up slower. I know SRI improves the engine's response time but can it effect low-end torque?
Did you guys fell the difference with low rpm torque when you switch to SRI or CAI, or it's all just in my head? :dunno:

the effect is real, the stock intake, particularly the resonator supposedly is tuned to improve flow at low rpms

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
the effect is real, the stock intake, particularly the resonator supposedly is tuned to improve flow at low rpms
To be specific, that resonator is called a Helmholtz Resonator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbox

The properties of Helmholtz resonance have to do with the "springiness" of air as it moves and compresses inside a cavity. This "springiness" translates to sound vibrations and sound energy. In the end, it affects airflow inside the cavity. If you change the shape of the cavity, you can change the flow of air. Honda, like many other car manufactures, use Helmholtz resonance principals when designing that lower air box to enhance airflow at certain rpm.

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.
I'll put my SRI back in spring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts