Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles should I expect to get out of the stock I4 tires? I want to put back some $$ to purchase HFP wheels, so when it's time for new tires, I have wheels to replace the stock's.

Any Idea?

·
Registered
382 Posts
-I got 22,ooo on my stock tires & they still look good, real good...(michelin)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
if you arnt as lucky as me to get a hole in your side wall on one tire... then hit a huge pothole on the turnpike and put a big knot in the side wall on another... then go shopping for 2 new tires and find out its cheaper to get a set of four other tires then get 2 of the same tire haha.... its like the how many licks does it take to get to the center of the tootsie pop.... i will never know... all jokes aside... id say 40-60 depending how you drive..

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have 32k so far and will defintly hit 50k before it needs a change.

·
Registered
399 Posts
My friend was able to stretch up to 60-70k before the tires have to be replace.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I feel a lot has to do with driving style and the types of roads (e.g., city, highway, dirt roads, etc.).

My driving is mostly highway and no super fast cornering, etc. I am at 55k and from the looks of it, it has maybe 5k or more left in them while still leaving some thread on them. I will never wear tires till they are bald. I did have nails in the tires twice and had them patched, which is a little more frequent time-wise compared to other cars I had. It's a 2009 Accord.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My 2009 i4 has 45k on it and the tires are in great shape. Best thing you can do is to rotate your tires regularly (every 10k-15k) and make sure the tire pressure is even. The only thing left is a good ol' wheel alignment when needed. If your car is pulling, your tires are going to wear unevenly.

·
Registered
607 Posts
My car has 40k miles now and in about 5 to 8k miles more I would need to replace them

·
Registered
50 Posts
Stock Michelins: 21000 miles 6/32 left on front 5/32 on back. 9/32 when they were new.

Just changed them out for some Sumitomo HTR P01:thmsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just replaced my stock tires at 62,000. Some mixed but mostly highway driving.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I replaced mine in the low 50's. Could they have hit 60 with careful driving? Probably, but winter was coming up and I had no interest in balding tires in the snow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are these numbers with Dunlops or Michelins? I have Dunlops on mine with 28,000 miles and they still have plenty of tread left.

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
Somebody should point out that tire wear has everything to do with how you drive and whether you keep them properly inflated or not. Normal driving should get you 40K or better out of the OEM tires... maybe more if you are willing to drive on tires with very little tread depth.

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
Still riding on them at 67k :D but i definitely need to get it replaced. Im mostly driving in suburbs and freeway.
WOW! Those have to be some dangerous tires!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got mine replaced at 48k...bought the Continental ExtremeContact DWS and OMG...infinitely better than the OEMs.:banana::banana::banana:

I have been looking for tires for my daughters Mazda 3, the Goodyears after 20,000 miles are ready to be replaced. I usually choose Michelins, but after searching reviews on tires I narrowed it down to the Conti DWS. I will get to see how well they do on her car and when the time comes to replace the Honda tires it may get the DWS.

·
lol wut
570 Posts
Yea dude it all depends on how you drive your car. Do you take corners hard or not so much? Do you accelerate fast from a stop or not? Do you usually have lots of passengers in your car/anything that adds significant weight to your car? There are a lot of factors that go into tire wear, so the most we could give you is an estimate (that for all you know could be off a little). I don't drive my car hard at all, I baby the thing. Accelerate slow, turn into corners easy, so I expect my tires to last me a good 40-60k. I'm on stock Dunlops right now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts