Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was driving and had to swerve to avoid a small animal. In the process I scrapped my front passenger side wheel pretty badly. I found some factory wheels on ebay for about 170 bucks.

Am i taking a risk buying these off ebay, in the sense that the price seems relatively cheap? the seller is claiming these are factory rims off a new car.

Also how hard is it to replace the rim? Is it essentially the same as replacing the tire? Will the tire pressure monitor need to be installed on the new rim?

Sorry if the above contained stupid questions. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
So i was driving and had to swerve to avoid a small animal. In the process I scrapped my front passenger side wheel pretty badly. I found some factory wheels on ebay for about 170 bucks.

Am i taking a risk buying these off ebay, in the sense that the price seems relatively cheap? the seller is claiming these are factory rims off a new car.

Also how hard is it to replace the rim? Is it essentially the same as replacing the tire? Will the tire pressure monitor need to be installed on the new rim?

Sorry if the above contained stupid questions. Thanks!
Good used 17" wheels, assuming that's what you're looking at, are rather inexpensive. Not much risk getting from eBay from a 100% seller with good/long history. R&R the tire on to new wheel and balance. The 9th gen Accords don't have TPMS sensors on the wheels....just do the simple TPMS recal using the button on the dash.

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
You did not state which car you have, nor which wheel. You did not post the link to eBay for comparison.

Know that Honda sometimes has a few different Sport wheels, for example. One stamped "Made in Mexico" and one stamped "Enkei". From ten feet away they look identical.

Lots of threads on this.

Good luck.

Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Looks fine to me. OEM is key, of course, and pics of the markings on the inside of the spokes are always a plus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts