Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
R.Palace
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that Honda did not have a superior sound system in mind but am I the only one that thinks the stock subwoofer is extremely weak. I have a '10 EX Coupe and I have the subwoofer and bass set to max and I still feel little to no bass.

I do not want to upgrade the sound system but I was wondering if there was perhaps a button or setting I failed to notice that would make me feel some more bass. My '02 Accord had more bass from a stock system lol.

·
Automatic.... :(
754 Posts
I think that also. I supposedly have the higher ampage with sub but it doesn't cut it. I dont need loud music or bass but would like to have that option. I read somewhere that the system is designed so that the louder you crank the volume the weaker the bass and treble.

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
Try setting the system to: TREB 5, BASS 3, SUB 5. I found that setting to work best for my ears. It didn't muddy the mid ranges too much and allowed the weak sub to bull up the low ends a bit. And it didn't distort too much at higher volumes.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Mess with the controls to get it to sound as best as you can. There is no hidden function to increase bass output. I found the factory sub pathetic.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Must be an age thing. I think the factory system is fine.

Sinatra sounds GREAT on it! :thmsup::thumbsup:

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
We have the '09 EX-L with sub and thought it would be amazing as well, but leaves much to enjoy,

furthermore my '06 coupe with no sub but 6x9s all around sound 10x better and have more bass than all the speakers and sub in the '09 combined ... :dunno:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Try setting the system to: TREB 5, BASS 3, SUB 5. I found that setting to work best for my ears. It didn't muddy the mid ranges too much and allowed the weak sub to bull up the low ends a bit. And it didn't distort too much at higher volumes.
Holy crap, what volume level are you listening at? I keep my bass at 0 or +1, and the treble one notch about whatever the bass setting is. Sub is usually around 0 as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i always keep my treb all the way up and bass on 0 or +1 in my factory 06 and my rearview will shake.

·
ohai
17 Posts
Treble -6
Bass +6
Sub +6

That's the way I play my music.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts