Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading up or hours now and I have come up with the ideal spacing is a 20mm in the front and a 25mm in the rear for a coupe. My only issue was it looked like the front wheel will rub against the fender well if around stock specs. For those with 20mm spacers in the front and lowered, any issues with rubbing or should I go with a 15mm so the wheel can still if needed? The 25mm in the rear looks fine with or without a roll based on what I have seen.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Been reading up or hours now and I have come up with the ideal spacing is a 20mm in the front and a 25mm in the rear for a coupe. My only issue was it looked like the front wheel will rub against the fender well if around stock specs. For those with 20mm spacers in the front and lowered, any issues with rubbing or should I go with a 15mm so the wheel can still if needed? The 25mm in the rear looks fine with or without a roll based on what I have seen.
I have 20mm front, 25mm rear, and a 1" drop and I think it looks great. no rubbing or any issues whatsoever. I should have a picture giving you an idea in my pics.

Reactions: kevtheo1191

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 20mm front, 25mm rear, and a 1" drop and I think it looks great. no rubbing or any issues whatsoever. I should have a picture giving you an idea in my pics.
You will be fine. I'm lowered about 2.5 inches and I currently have a 38 mm spacer in the rear and a 25 in the front with 245/40/18 tires and it is no where near close to rubbing.
What are camber specs for both of you? I was planning on -1 front, -2 rear or maybe -1.5 all around. Nothing too aggressive. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I dont know the exact numbers. I installed a great camber arm kit from Megan Racing, and adjusted them to stock specification. Before autoX i adjust the rears as negative as possible without going out of spec. I can get you all of the aligment specs at work tomorrow if you want.

·
Registered
841 Posts
You will be fine. I'm lowered about 2.5 inches and I currently have a 38 mm spacer in the rear and a 25 in the front with 245/40/18 tires and it is no where near close to rubbing.
38mm rear! wow. do you have any pics? i gotta see how that looks.

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know the exact numbers. I installed a great camber arm kit from Megan Racing, and adjusted them to stock specification. Before autoX i adjust the rears as negative as possible without going out of spec. I can get you all of the aligment specs at work tomorrow if you want.
that would be great. thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
Rear Camber Specified Range

-2 deg 04' to -0 deg 49'

both sides of course.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Those rears are spaced 38mm? the spacing looks great. but i thought it would stick out much more. my spacing looks very similar with 25mm. however my drop is only 1". either way it looks good.

Is the car dipped? In my area i see a lot of dipper cars, but most look like absolute shit. From the picture yours looks pretty nice. I love the matte look on wheels, paint, ect. very few people do it, and when they do they dont do it with class. IMHO are you happy with it?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Those rears are spaced 38mm? the spacing looks great. but i thought it would stick out much more. my spacing looks very similar with 25mm. however my drop is only 1". either way it looks good.

Is the car dipped? In my area i see a lot of dipper cars, but most look like absolute shit. From the picture yours looks pretty nice. I love the matte look on wheels, paint, ect. very few people do it, and when they do they dont do it with class. IMHO are you happy with it?
38mm is only another half inch pulled out from a 25mm so not a huge difference. I have a build thread where I posted some before and after pics.

And yes my car is dipped, did it a few weeks ago. First time doing it but it came out really good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts