Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Accord EX-L without Navi. I use the hands free phone solution all the time. It works great… except… I do not need it telling me how to end the call etc… I want to turn that off and cannot find where to do that. I had a rental car last week (a cheap chevy!) that did not talk back to me with instructions on how to hang up the phone. It was so nice NOT to have to listen to that continually.

Help!

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you want to go into system settings, then look for voice prompt and turn it off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried looking in the SETTINGs?

My guess is that you'll find a way if you look
Without trying to sound snarky, yes, I looked through the settings. That is why I put "I want to turn that off and cannot find where to do that" in my post.

I imagine there is somewhere in the service menu or some obscure menu that I have not found. That is why I am asking on this forum…

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you want to go into system settings, then look for voice prompt and turn it off.
You are correct. However, that setting is all or nothing. I believe these settings need to be more granular. Prompting me to "say a command" is not really a problem. However, I don't need feedback on "how" to hang up. It is kind of like the voicemail recordings on most mobile carriers. "Please leave a message after the tone" is fine, but then they start in on "to send a fax, press x, to page the customer, press y, to end the call, press…" It is too much–I just want to leave a VM.

That is what I am looking for in the Honda settings–a way to get basic prompts, but not instructions on how to end a call.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
Yeah, no way to do that. It is, as you said, all or nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts