Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I stop and press on my brake I hear a straining sound but I thought it was my brake warning clip but then I placed my phone within rim to see if my brakes was low but my brakes is great and not nowhere near low. Have anyone ever experienced this before? Or could let me know what needs to be changed.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The only sound like the wear indicators I've heard in the brakes of any vehicle I've owned, were the couple of times I've had a stone caught in the brake(s), such that it would grind on the rotor upon brake application. It generally makes an awful noise, but usually only comes from one brake.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So when I stop and press on my brake I hear a straining sound but I thought it was my brake warning clip but then I placed my phone within rim to see if my brakes was low but my brakes is great and not nowhere near low. Have anyone ever experienced this before? Or could let me know what needs to be changed.
Since you mentioned the sound occurs while you are stopped and press the brake pedal, I would check the spring mechanism on the brake pedal itself first. Perhaps some WD-40?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I guess I’ll let a mechanic jack up the car and check both responses but today while driving I turn down radio and put my head thru window and while on a speed and stopping I hear a light clicking sound apart from the sound I hear in brake lever when I press on it while already at a stop. I’m wondering if the brakes that can’t be seen are low

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s what I’ll do but because car was serviced recently at Honda less than a week ago that’s why I came here asking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts