Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds a bit like a vacuum leak and it has been inconsistent over the last several years. Often turning the inside AC/Heat to off will make it stop but not always. Also, now car has a PO108 code its throwing and I read that can happen from a vacuum leak. I cleaned up the throttle body as there was a lot of carbon. I went after this because the throttle was a bit sticky and cleaning the carbon off completely fixed that so I am happy something is better. Any ideas on the dash noise?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The dash noise would not be a vacuum leak as there are no vacuum controls under the dash, they are all electric. If it only does it when the defrost is on, you might be hearing the AC pressure building up.

The P0108 code is a MAP sensor voltage out of range. The MAP sensor is located on top of the throttle body. If the electrical connector and wiring are fine then the sensor may need to be replaced.

·
Elvira
3,587 Posts
Does your car have the auto climate control that might be measuring the temp?
There is a little fan that pulls air into the dash opening to allow the climate system to adjust automatically. When you turn off the ac/heat you turn that little fan off too. Could that be that sound you hear?
Miker

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you

For letting me know there is no vacuum hoses in the dash area. I saw the picture of the fan with lots of fur and nest debris so maybe that is the issue.
From the two replies, it may be that there are two fans in the dash as I do have the climate control feather. Are they easy to get too? I have some AC/Cabin filters enroute so when they arrive I will be going into the dash area.....cover me. Thankfully, someone posted a video of that operation!

I have a new MAP sensor on order and the gaskets for the TB and the Air Control Valve that I intend to clean up. I have cleanted the TB as there was a lot of carbon at the butterfly. At least my throttle does not stick :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed noise and PO108 Code!!!!!

OK, I pulled apart the dash to change the cabin filters and was able to locate the noise maker.....I should have said it made a "gurgling" noise as that best described the noise it was making. It was an electrical actuator for a vent door and by taking it apart I found the contacts were full of gunk/grease and it could not sense the copper positioning stripes on the bottom of the wheel. Cleaned it up and it works and is silent once again! This was below the AC air system/cabin filters next to the center hump.

Then, moved onto the PO108 code and replaced the MAP switch and the o-ring. That took care of the DTC and life was good once again.
Note the orange silicone.....there was a huge tear on the underside where the motor was getting air without filtration....not good. I am glad I cleaned the TB out last week as I was trying to fix a sticky throtte and PO108 code that it threw an hour before I decided to work on the car to fix the sticky throttle. Great timing as the car would barely run without a good MAP switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts