Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
?????
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. Today as i was leaving to work.. When i unlocked my car i noticed that my strip lights didnt flash. I didnt think anything of it until i got to work and have time to test it a couple times. My strip light bulb, license plate lights, and brake lights did not flash when i lock/unlock the car anymore. When i turned the knob in the car up 1 notch for parking lights, nothing came on. Switched it to lowbeam to test as well, only low beam and fog lights came on. However.. When i signal the bulb works, so i know its not the bulb. Anyone know what could of went bad? I dont have switchbacks or anything on my parking/signal. I only changed out my strip light bulb. My first thought is to check my fuse when i get home. But since im at work i thought i might be able to get some suggestions. If it is a fuse issue, which fuse would this be considered? Any information is appreciated. Thanks

P.s. Sorry for the long ass description, typed this out on my phone and its not the best to space out the sentences on here

·
Banned
356 Posts
The fuse is blown. Fuse is located under the driver side dash. Parking Light 10A Fuse located on the 27th slot.

Fuse puller and spare fuses are located inside the fuse box under the hood.

·
?????
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fuse is blown. Fuse is located under the driver side dash. Parking Light 10A Fuse located on the 27th slot.

Thanks for the feedback! It definitely is the fuse. but now im in a dilemma.. I switched it out with a new 10A fuse and i switched on the lights.. blew right away.. did it 2 more times.. blew right away everytime.. i even took out my LED lights that i switched out to make sure it wasnt the light bulbs causing the problem, so now i have all stock bulbs on parking light switch.. still blew.. SO i finally decided to try a higher Amperage fuse and guess what.. it worked.. so now i have a 15A fuse in that slot, im wondering what is causing this issue that is blowing every 10A fuse and not the 15A.. im sure the stock bulbs isnt drawing any more power then it was before.. Any ideas?

·
Banned
356 Posts
Go back to 10A fuse and find the source of the problem. Putting in a larger fuse might cause overheating on the wiring and cause a fire.

http://www.oznium.com/forum/topic24808

I would remove all the bulbs attached to the parking light fuse and insert the bulb one at a time until you can pinpoint which socket is causing the problem.

-Remove the led from your headlight parking strip, license plate, brake lights.
-Also check the wires to see if any of them has wires exposed.

You have a short somewhere on your parking light circuit. Did you tap the parking light wire when you modded the courtesy door lights? It could be the wire has frayed and touching metal and creating a short.
Just double check any mod you might have done that you tapped your parking light fuse.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Go back to 10A fuse and find the source of the problem. Putting in a larger fuse might cause overheating on the wiring and cause a fire.
This. Never ever put in a fuse larger than the stock one. Same goes for your breakers at the house.

·
?????
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

http://www.oznium.com/forum/topic24808

I would remove all the bulbs attached to the parking light fuse and insert the bulb one at a time until you can pinpoint which socket is causing the problem.

-Remove the led from your headlight parking strip, license plate, brake lights.
-Also check the wires to see if any of them has wires exposed.

You have a short somewhere on your parking light circuit. Did you tap the parking light wire when you modded the courtesy door lights? It could be the wire has frayed and touching metal and creating a short.
Just double check any mod you might have done that you tapped your parking light fuse.
I have went back to a 10A shortly after i realized the danger of putting in a larger fuse. Everything works fine on the 10A now.. its odd.. all i did was moved the wires around a bit on my parking lights before placing in the 10A fuse again. as for my courtesy light mod i tapped it into the dome light so it fades on/off. But we'll see how long this fuse last for now.. who knows.. it coulda been 3 defective 10A fuses prior to this one..

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have went back to a 10A shortly after i realized the danger of putting in a larger fuse. Everything works fine on the 10A now.. its odd.. all i did was moved the wires around a bit on my parking lights before placing in the 10A fuse again. as for my courtesy light mod i tapped it into the dome light so it fades on/off. But we'll see how long this fuse last for now.. who knows.. it coulda been 3 defective 10A fuses prior to this one..
I had a 6 pack of light bulbs one time where each one was bad. I pulled down the ceiling light, pulled out both 3 way switches, and was testing the circuit and could not figure out wtf was going on. Then dummy me decided to test a bulb from a lamp close by. Bingo

·
?????
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a 6 pack of light bulbs one time where each one was bad. I pulled down the ceiling light, pulled out both 3 way switches, and was testing the circuit and could not figure out wtf was going on. Then dummy me decided to test a bulb from a lamp close by. Bingo
what are the odds of that eh.. drives me crazy thinking its something else besides having multiple defectives of the same thing in 1 packet.. i honestly didn't think 3 fuses would be bad.. to the point it blew right when i switched on the parking lights.

·
Blinded by the light
1,551 Posts
So.. Today as i was leaving to work.. When i unlocked my car i noticed that my strip lights didnt flash. I didnt think anything of it until i got to work and have time to test it a couple times. My strip light bulb, license plate lights, and brake lights did not flash when i lock/unlock the car anymore. When i turned the knob in the car up 1 notch for parking lights, nothing came on. Switched it to lowbeam to test as well, only low beam and fog lights came on. However.. When i signal the bulb works, so i know its not the bulb. Anyone know what could of went bad? I dont have switchbacks or anything on my parking/signal. I only changed out my strip light bulb. My first thought is to check my fuse when i get home. But since im at work i thought i might be able to get some suggestions. If it is a fuse issue, which fuse would this be considered? Any information is appreciated. Thanks

P.s. Sorry for the long ass description, typed this out on my phone and its not the best to space out the sentences on here
Out of curiosity, what bulb did you replace the strip light with?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a similar issue with the parking lights. I removed all the bulbs (parking light, license, and brake lights) and removed the foot-well lighting I had. I had used a add-a-circuit and put in a 15A & 5A to power all those. It worked fine for 2 years and for some reason last week it all stopped working except for the foot-well lighting. Turns out the 5A was blown. I replaced it with another 5A and it keeps blowning. I don't want to go any higher in amps since it might cause more damage. I replaced the strip lights with the stock bulbs and boom they turned on. It turned out the led bulbs I had in the strip light was causing the problem.

For those that have a similar set-up has I did, what did you use for AMPs? For now I'm going back too to the stock bulbs and no foot-well. Is it possible other fuses are blown? I guess I will have to check tmrw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I hope I'm posting this in the right place as I've searched the forum and this is the closest thread I can find to my issue.

Some background info:
I have a 2014 EXL sedan purchased in the same year new. I converted the turn signals to LED. I added a 50w 6ohm resistor to all the turn signals. I replaced all stock turn signal bulbs with JDM Astar purchased from Amazon. I used 1157 for the front turn signals and 7440 for the rear turn signals.

It worked great for about a year and a half until I noticed the right parking light would not come on. When I unlocked my car, the right parking light would not flash.
When my low beams were on at night. The right parking light would not work. My right turn signal also would not work with the low beams on. However, the right turn signal would work with just the DRL strip on.

What I did was replaced the third 10A fuse in the 27th row in the fuse box under the steering wheel as suggested in this thread. Everything worked as intended for about 2 and a half months. So I figured I would replace the fuse again since that solved the problem the first time. Well, it did not work this time. I am stumped.

Can anyone assist please?

More info:
This only occurs with the right turn signal. The left turn signal worked the entire time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update:
To further troubleshoot. I replaced the front JDM Astar LEDs with Sylnania Zevo LEDs and the problem still exist.
To ressurrect a dead thread, I ran into the same problem. Installing LEDs in the turn signal and parking lights, one of them must've shorted a fuse and wham! Parking lights/night lights/accessory lights no longer working. Replaced the blown 10a fuse for "parking lights" under the dash.

Still nothing.

Then it dawned on me that when I was cycling the lights, I could hear a relay clicking on/off in the hood as I coincidentally had it open.

So I dove into the hood fuse box and scoured the diagram. A curious 20a fuse marked "small lights" was there and - you guessed it - blown.

Replaced and everything came back to life. No issues yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To ressurrect a dead thread, I ran into the same problem. Installing LEDs in the turn signal and parking lights, one of them must've shorted a fuse and wham! Parking lights/night lights/accessory lights no longer working. Replaced the blown 10a fuse for "parking lights" under the dash.

Still nothing.

Then it dawned on me that when I was cycling the lights, I could hear a relay clicking on/off in the hood as I coincidentally had it open.

So I dove into the hood fuse box and scoured the diagram. A curious 20a fuse marked "small lights" was there and - you guessed it - blown.

Replaced and everything came back to life. No issues yet.
You sir are the man thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts