Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What cars are compatible in terms of size with the 7th generation Accord? TSX? TL? Previous generations? I'm trying to look for strut bars on Ebay but only DC shows up specifically for our generation. Just wanna expand my search. Thanks DA

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Throwdown has some of the better selections, I would look at the specs there if you want to go aftermarket. One of the best options is actually the OEM strut bar for the MT Accords; the bar not only braces the strut towers, but the firewall as well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have the Neuspeed...
The car has those braces between firewall and tower. It is missing the "linkage" between the top towers.
Check my Signature pic!

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
I think the only maker of those for our yr and model are; DC, Greddy, Neuspeed, and CT engineering and of course the V6 one. EDIT: Throwdown does also have some really beefy ones that are either one piece rod or welds so there are no adjustments needed just bolts up.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I have the Neuspeed...
The car has those braces between firewall and tower. It is missing the "linkage" between the top towers.
Check my Signature pic!
The MT version has not only our firewall braces but the linkage between the towers as well.:deal:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I believe the strut bar from throwdown are from Ultra Racing. I've also been looking for a front strut bar, and came up with the same results as 7thgencoupe. Sorry dont mean to thread jack, but does anyone know if the front strut makes a noticeable difference in performance?

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Nah i'm pretty sure most people will tell you to get the TL sway bar instead. But i'm getting one for the looks.
Are you doing car shows or something? Cause the only way you see the bar is when the hood is open.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Most people I've talked to in general say that an upgraded RSB will make a bigger difference than a strut bar.

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you doing car shows or something? Cause the only way you see the bar is when the hood is open.
Well both. I know the strut bar will not make much difference. My TL sway bar is being installed after Christmas. And yes for looks, which is why i'm not trying to spend 150 bucks on a strut bar yaknow?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hmmm that's actually a pretty good deal. Considering all the other brands are over 150, and the only one cheaper than that is TCS Performance/Sportline which are 40 bucks
If you are doing it for looks why not get v6 bar off ebay. Even the stock bar will add performance. Strut bars only tighten the body which adds to quicker steering. Spending all this money ti do looks seems over rated while lowering value. good luck to you and you winnings.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nah i'm pretty sure most people will tell you to get the TL sway bar instead.
Yea, Im planning on getting the TL-S front and rear sways, since I know they will improve handling more, just was wondering if adding a strut bar would improve handling that more. From what it seems like this mod isnt the most bang for the buck, and the looks is what cost the $$$

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Yea, Im planning on getting the TL-S front and rear sways, since I know they will improve handling more, just was wondering if adding a strut bar would improve handling that more. From what it seems like this mod isnt the most bang for the buck, and the looks is what cost the $$$
Dont even worry about getting front sway bar. Get rear for sure. The front is a bitch to swap and having a bigger front bar adds understeer. Most only get a bigger rsb to help the car better rotate. And again strut bar only stiffens the body (less body flex) which in turn give u quicker steering.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts