Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the right price for this ? Or way too expensive? Mechanic says NAPA gives lifetime warranty and cheaper than KYB. Am I getting good value here ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
What's the breakdown? Parts, price each, labor hours, labor hourly rate.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The parts are probably $600 total if you bought them from NAPA. And there's no way it's gonna take them more than 6 hrs to do it. So no, it's not a good value.

·
MT or death
326 Posts
Are they gold plated or something? I'd find a different mechanic...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Is this the right price for this ? Or way too expensive? Mechanic says NAPA gives lifetime warranty and cheaper than KYB. Am I getting good value here ?

If they're billing you at around 120-150 bucks/hour(which is not unheard in some areas...give or take) get the strut price separately, and then do the math.
Seems pretty high to me.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
524 Posts
I know people who think $2500 for a transmission rebuild is high. But for struts? Wow, I'd keep shopping around.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
They just give me the total price for front and back plus labor

Which is??
They should have given you a parts breakdown, plus labor cost. That's pretty standard.

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,300 Posts
KYB struts assembly is $100 each, also with life time warranty.
$2000+ for labor is about $1000 too much, depending where you live.

Reactions: Greg RC

·
Registered
115 Posts

You can get KYB shocks from amazon for another $125, depending on your Honda. Take about 45 min a side to replace.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just buy another car. Wow $2500. They are not that hard to change. I got KYBs for $400, all 4 on Rock Auto.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Am I getting good value here ?
No you're getting funked. An entire KYB strut assembly with spring is about $100 each. That's roughly $400 for an entire set. Your labor cost is coming out at $2100. I'll do it for $1500.

It takes about an hour to do the fronts for anyone who's ever done it before. I've never done the rear. If they take twice as long then you're looking at 3 hrs work at $700/hr. Dr.s don't make that kinda dough.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,883 Posts
Outrageous. I did 4 Konis for under a thousand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts