Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2014 Accord EX-L in for A1 service on Wednesday (a glorified oil change for $49 :furious:). All seemed fine but today, I noticed my outside temperature is stuck at 70.

I can't remember if it was stuck on Thursday and Friday as well as it was cooler on those days. Today is in the mid-80s so it is very clearly misreading.

I have had the car in and out of our garage and on and off while running errands around town. Temp has stayed at 70 all day.

Called the dealership who had no answer other than to bring it in for a 1 hour diagnostics check and then likely bring it back to have it actually fixed...

Any idea what might have happened to cause this? Anything I can do in the interim??

Thanks,

E

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
the logic is very picky. you sometimes have to drive for 20 some minutes over 19mph then it will update in 1* segement. if you drop below 19mph it will take another 30 or 60 seconds of driving over 19mph to change again.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the logic is very picky. you sometimes have to drive for 20 some minutes over 19mph then it will update in 1* segement. if you drop below 19mph it will take another 30 or 60 seconds of driving over 19mph to change again.
I found that the car did exactly what you said. After posting this, I drove again and it did go up by 1 degree increments up to 73. Problem is that the outside temp was at least 85 today (my wife's CRV was reading 87 at one point and the house thermometer got up to 89).

·
Registered
702 Posts
Did they do a "complimentary" car wash for you? That happened to me on a oil change service a year ago and it was just water stuck in the sensor that resolved itself after a few days. Never had trouble since.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did they do a "complimentary" car wash for you? That happened to me on a oil change service a year ago and it was just water stuck in the sensor that resolved itself after a few days. Never had trouble since.
They did!!! I was going to tell them not to as I had just hand washed it a week prior but there was so much pollen I figured it was fine.

I'll see what happens over the next few days. Hopefully that's it and I don't need to go spend a few hours in service hell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts