Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Sub and amp installed on Accord Sport

9K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  DevilDogDoc 
I initially tried that, but the sub sounds like crap when I tapped into the car subwoofer wires. I think the crossover for to the stock sub is set way too high. When listening to a song, on the mids and high notes of bass, the sub would basically do nothing and on the lows the sub hit way too hard.

Using the left and right rear speakers solved that problem, as you set the crossover on the sub to your liking and the sub sounds literally 200% better.

(Interesting observation: When I connected the sub to the stock sub wires, The subwoofer did not go crazy with the anc, but when I tapped into the L and R speaker wires, anc has to get disabled.)
I have this exact problem. On those mids/highs, it goes completely quiet. I did try L and R but even though I did get some better quality, it was VERY quiet. Cranking it up to max didn't help (hence I just connected to the stock sub):dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.