Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Sub and amp installed on Accord Sport

9K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  DevilDogDoc 
I also have the 10 inch version. I am very happy with it.

It sounds great with Polk Audio DB's component and coaxials. I spent agonizing 2 months sound deadening my vehicle. WORTH IT!

I also tapped mine into the rear speakers.

I don't know how low you want to go, but the 10 fares really well. It all worked out because the 6.5 inch speakers were also replaced, and the sound deadening/insulation made for very atmospheric sound.

sound deadening is more than i want to do right now. I like the p300-10 but thought if i got a 12 inch shallow enclosure that is something i could keep and never feel was inadequate for years to come. I got the p300-10 for 173, that pioneer enclosed 12 is 129 + 10 for high low converter + another 70 or so for a whatever amp. I'm kind of thinking out loud here as I am still new to all of this. I think it kind of feels like I have more of a really good stock sub than something that I added to the car. Maybe those components later will help.

EDIT: if i just keep my p300-10 and install components up front like polk audio dxi6501s can i tap into the built in amp in the p300-10 or do i need to get a separate amp?
Definitely not sure if you can do that. Polk Audios sound great without an amp because of their high sensitivity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.