Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Sub and amp installed on Accord Sport

9K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  DevilDogDoc 
It accepts speaker level input making it really easy. I had it professionally installed because I'm still new to car audio. It's awesome I have my 10" set at half but I kinda want that 12" just because when I listen to hip hop ill expect a bass at a part in a song but won't hear it like I would at home on my computer speaker set up. Am I understanding that difference between a 10 and 12 correctly? Amazon has the 10 at 173 and the 12 at like 183. Awesome deal IMO
What exactly do you mean by this bolded part? Are you trying to say/think that a 12 will go lower than a 10? There are more factors than just pure cone area, but in a nutshell yes. Again, it's not that simple, but yes...more cone area usually helps.

I hadn't ever seen these. The price isn't too bad and I'm sure it's more of a midbass module type setup, but still not bad for the price. The box is a little on the large side, but of course that's with the amp in there, but only using 5/8's mdf. If you ever get up to wanting more, you can easily get A LOOOT more without giving up any more depth. Actually, you can gain more output/quality/etc and gain some trunk space back. The box for my 12" IDmax in my '04 TL was/is only 9" deep. Most people build these boxes that aren't tall enough, not long enough and WAY too deep...then complain about trunk space. Use all the width and height you can lol. Obviously depth depends on the sub being used, if it has a vented pole piece, etc...but I won't get into that. Anyways, just wanted to say that it most definitely can be done without giving up a ton of trunk space. I'll likely just use this box in this '13 Accord unless I go with an IB setup

300rms vs. 200rms would be an inaudible difference.

I would piece something together instead of buying either of those. Can you build a box? I'm not sure how tall our trunk is near the seats, but I can help once I know that. You could EASILY piece something much much better than that for $200ish.

Id rather not build a box, I posted the link to a pioneer shallow box with a 12" in it which was on eBay for 129. But I don't mind buying a premade box and sticking a sub in it. Space and pricing are my only concerns really

And after talking to crutchfield and reading amazon reviews I wouldn't recommend the basslink as it's not very reliable.
You could simply pick up a sealed 12" pre-fab box, good budget 12" and an amp and be done. I'd start looking at DIYMA for used 12's and amps that might fit the bill. Post them here if you want to know about them, if it's a good deal, etc. If you're on a budget, buying used is the way to go 99% of the time

http://www.zenclosures.com/2013-2014-Honda-Accord-Subwoofer-Box-w-amp-mount-a-p/accord13.htm

I've got a single Kicker Solo-Baric 11S12L7 mounted in one of these, and it looks factory. Beautiful piece of equipment, shipping was fast too.
That's essentially what I have, but I built mine and its' for 1 12". When putting it in there the width is about perfect (same as '04-'08 TL's), but looks like I could give a little more height to it for some extra airspace if needed. Might do IB in this car, but still unsure. I need as much trunk space as possible since I have to lug around a stroller, etc.

How deep are they? I didn't see it on there. Not a great price, but not terribly expensive if that's shipped for something that's going to fit well and shallow.

I put a 10 in the trunk with a 200 watt amp I had them both for years in my old Jeep and it doesn't seem to hit as hard as it did. I have never wired an amp with a LOC on it I always had Rcas going from the head unit to the amp so I'm not sure if that's the issue or not. Still way better than before bass wise, and the ANC is unplugged.
Are you sure your gains are set correct and your LPF isn't way off?

Evan if they're not, the most likely reason for this is different vehicles

Has anybody ever saw a installation like this?
Looks like they've set it in there to see where to put it... For a fiberglass install or false floor type build.

Gains aren't a loudness knob...they're for matching voltages. You need to figure out what voltage you're bringing into the amp and set your gain on/near that number.

Take a picture of the controls if you want help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.