1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Chillin
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
628 Posts
how in the world can you tell how clean a sub is from a crappy youtube video ?

·
Chillin
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how in the world can you tell how clean a sub is from a crappy youtube video ?
Normally any sound system will sound horrible in any video so if it sounds clean in a video it must sound awesome in real life IMO

·
Registered
458 Posts
Normally any sound system will sound horrible in any video so if it sounds clean in a video it must sound awesome in real life IMO
It doesn't work that way. My IDQ 12" sounds very clean, not insanely loud, but clean. Still sounds terrible on video.

There are many variables in what makes a sub sound good on video (or just audio for that matter).

·
Chillin
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't work that way. My IDQ 12" sounds very clean, not insanely loud, but clean. Still sounds terrible on video.

There are many variables in what makes a sub sound good on video (or just audio for that matter).
Yeah I know that but like I said it's just my opinion but I prefer to actually hear it in person, so I actually know what I'm buying. So that's kinda why I'm asking for opinions of course everybody's ear is different and prefers a different sound, but I would just like opinions so I can go check out the subs that people prefer on my own. Of course it also depends whats powering them and what type of box to make it sound good, but like I said I would just like some opinions plz =D:thmsup:

·
Registered
628 Posts
The stereo integrity (SI) subs are very clean and loud, so are the FI ones.

·
Registered
402 Posts
:scratch::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

/facepalm

·
Registered
154 Posts
JL audio w7 /thread

·
Chillin
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any other options you would chose then if not the JL

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
I'm a kicker guy so I would say go with all kicker set up. =)

·
Registered
402 Posts
kicker makes some good stuff depending on what you're looking for, as for kicker and clean i don't think so. imo a few companies that have some clean drivers....SI, image dynamics, exodus, tc sounds (they changed), JL, i'm weary about recommending RD

·
Chillin
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
depends on budget
To be honest my budget doesn't really matter if I have to say to get a good system then so be it I'd rather wait to get an epic system then slack it and by something cheap.

Idk too much about kicker but why do you recommend them?

kicker makes some good stuff depending on what you're looking for, as for kicker and clean i don't think so. imo a few companies that have some clean drivers....SI, image dynamics, exodus, tc sounds (they changed), JL, i'm weary about recommending RD
Out of the ones you just said would you say JL is the best?

·
Chillin
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Walter
48 Posts
i got an 06 coupe... so i wanted only 1 sub cause i wasnt trying to "rock the block"... after much research i decided on the Boston accustic G2 12"... it hits hard and it hits clean... I can only imagin what 2 12"s would do... My only regret is not getting the G3... So my vote goes to the G2

1 - 20 of 46 Posts