Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at an aftermarket sub and amp setup. Preferably 2, 8 inch subwoofer and one amp. Vehicle is a 2012 exl v6 sedan.

·
Registered
268 Posts
cool...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just wondering what a good setup would be you don't have to be a dick. If you can't be helpful move on.

·
2010 EX 4dr VTEC 2.4L
248 Posts
I'm looking at an aftermarket sub and amp setup. Preferably 2, 8 inch subwoofer and one amp. Vehicle is a 2012 exl v6 sedan.
Well if you want to go with affordable aftermarkets, just get one at bestbuy or walmart. I personally can't rice when it comes to sound systems.
I highly recommend you save up and get an Alpine. I had these aftermarket woofer and amp before and trust me, you don't want em.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I'll look into getting alpine stuff.

I already have the stock sub/amp setup can my alternator handle another amp and 2 8 inch subs

·
Registered
353 Posts
Should. I have a 500 watt amp on one 12 in mine. Not a single problem. Knock Knock(on wood).

·
Marcus
156 Posts
I already have the stock sub/amp setup can my alternator handle another amp and 2 8 inch subs
I have an 09 v6 ex-l and I'm running 500 watts with an alpine amp to 2 10 inch kicker comps. Sounds beautiful - no distortion or anything, but that's due to me running like half the output that they can handle and it's more than enough for me. I have premium audio with a gain knob for my subs and it's tuned to where there's not too much strain on all the speakers and subs; bass is on -2, subwoofer is on -3, and gain is set to about 40% to have a pleasant, but punchy bass with all genres of music.

About the electrical components, I've had this complete set up for a year and no single problems. The amp was installed about three and a half years ago with a single 8 inch memphis audio (until it blew) and still has the stock alternator which is running perfectly fine. Had to replace the stock battery last spring, but that was a 4 year old, entirely too underpowered battery for a v6 that had the extra strain of 500 watts on it. Kicked it for a Duralast Gold 24F, 750 CCA and haven't had one single problem since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts