Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This pic is courtesy of Crutchfield. I have a 2011 EX sedan, so I don't have the OEM sub. My question is...

Is that mounting "bracket" and 4 bolt mounting points present in the non-subwoofer cars? I can see a "hole" under the center of the rear deck, but I'd have to cut some sheet metal away if I wanted to drop a subwoofer there. I'm wondering if I have that top mounting bracket, even if there's no OEM sub there. I'd like to use that bracket to mount an aftermarket sub, hopefully.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Pop off the grille and take a look. Release the clips from the trunk.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pop off the grille and take a look. Release the clips from the trunk.
Unfortunately, there's no OEM subwoofer grill, since there's no OEM sub in the EX. I was just wondering if the mounting bracket on the top of the rear deck is still there regardless of Accord model.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Ah, sorry. I assumed they shared the same rear deck sheet metal and plastic to save costs. If you fold down the rear seat and pop out the clips behind the seat back you might be able to get your hand far enough in to see if you can feel if it's there or not. Sorry if I'm way off, I haven't worked on a sedan.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Take off the rear deck cover and look. Or just lift it enough to see underneath. If you don't have the sub, the answer is probably no.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Take off the rear deck cover and look. Or just lift it enough to see underneath. If you don't have the sub, the answer is probably no.
Just do a false floor set-up or side firing.

·
New Yitty - New York City
548 Posts

This pic is courtesy of Crutchfield. I have a 2011 EX sedan, so I don't have the OEM sub. My question is...

Is that mounting "bracket" and 4 bolt mounting points present in the non-subwoofer cars? I can see a "hole" under the center of the rear deck, but I'd have to cut some sheet metal away if I wanted to drop a subwoofer there. I'm wondering if I have that top mounting bracket, even if there's no OEM sub there. I'd like to use that bracket to mount an aftermarket sub, hopefully.
There is nothing back there, there is no cut out or anything where u can place the sub. What u do see is a outline of where the subs go on the ex-l models. You would have to cut this and put a free air sub ur self. I tried it but in the end went with a small 10inch sub with a box, trunk is still Roomy and sounds is better then that of the factory sub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts