Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,125 Posts
A friend of mine works at his dad's auto body shop in Colorado. They frequently repair hail damaged cars because it's so common there. It's his dad's specialty lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
A friend of mine works at his dad's auto body shop in Colorado. They frequently repair hail damaged cars because it's so common there. It's his dad's specialty lol
In the spring and summer I'm glued to the weather reports/hail projections... I have a garage but I still have to go to work... lol. 2 years ago I was the lucky recipient of hail damage on the 4th of July at a friends house a couple miles from home. Fortunately a whimpy tree saved the roof and I only had light dings on the hood and trunk that were easily repaired with PDR.

I'm looking to pick up an older 4WD vehicle to use in the mtns, maybe a Pilot or something. Then the Accerddd will spend most of the late spring tucked away in the garage haha; the only true hail protection.

·
Triangle wins
2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T 6-speed manual
44 Posts
Wow...learn something new every day. In Long Island NY I've personally only seen damaging (golf-ball-sized) hail in my area twice, and then only in very localized areas (like a square mile.)
In your case I think a better hail cover would be comprehensive coverage on your insurance policy.

·
Registered
758 Posts
This was a storm we had here in Tx in 2016 where the hail was softball size. It was so powerful the hail was coming through the roofs of homes!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Colorado front range. Between May and July we can have damaging hail nearly every day. I think the top 5 states for hail are Texas, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska and South Dakota.
I’ve been following this because I visit Colorado Springs every year in May-June. The hailstorms there are NO JOKE. I’m likely to invest in an outdoor cover for my Accord when I drive out there this year.

Some protection is better than no protection.

Thankfully, here at home in Cleveland, hail is rare and when it does occur, it’s small.

Reactions: enne

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
No hail here, but I use a cover to protect from the bird sap and tree crap. There is a huge tree overhanging the driveway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
OK maybe I live a sheltered life but...how %@#& likely is hail in your area? Would you keep it covered all summer or just run out and cover it if you happen to hear a foreboding weather report? In that case would you keep this thing in your trunk all the time in case you were away from home?

Not judging just a little baffled...
Lol well i live in Texas, and typically around tornado season which occurs between the spring through fall, hail is very prevalent, and that's why I was inquiring about hail covers. Currently i do not have a garage to protect my car so chances are if a storm occurs with hail, i have to drive it to a nearby public garage (depending on the severity of the weather). In the past, i owned a Honda '00, and it hailed, and it caused extensive hail damage to my car. I didn't want to repair it at the time because of the cost, and i only had liability insurance.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts