Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm interested in making my interior black. Right now I have the red exterior/tan interior. I don't want to just buy all new parts and swap them, that would cost too much, but I figured if I found a wrecked accord with a nice interior it would be easy. Any ideas? I'm mostly just thinking about the seats and carpet and headliner etc. Ill paint the side panels if I needed to. The thing with the seats is that I wanted to keep the leather, heated, side airbag blah blah. I'm also assuming if I didn't keep that the lack of airbag would throw a code

So the question. Is my best bet to find a wrecked one with a black interior? This is no rush at all. Its something I want to get to eventually

Thanks
-nik

·
My other car is a Cobra
36 Posts
I'm going to guess exterior peices are easier than interior to find. I'm not sure what the going rate is for interior parts. I would say cheaper is to actually try and trade yours straight across, maybe with some cash flow depending on the condition of the seats and carpet. The next cheapest way would be to get seat covers. Although the seat covers are easier, the swap may be cheaper.

The headliner however, you can go to any reupholstery place and get that done. I'm not sure once you rip it out how it would look regluing another peice up there. My guess is a pro would be the best bet in that aspect.

If you want to get real ballsy, then get the whole car reupholstered, get something really unique going. It will make your car stand out just that much more. I see in your mods you have the hand-stitched shift boot - is that from Redline Accessories?

Is your dash also black? And door panels too? Seat belts? Steering wheel? If not then that may be another expense if you want to go 100% black.

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dash and steering wheel are black, and top of door panel. Everything else is tan. Driver and passenger seat (bottom) is beat up. Back seats are fine.

The red stitched shift boot is labeled hand stitched because I did it lol. Check cardomain for pics.

yeah I figured it would get up there, especially with the cost of the seats. I know new they're like 600 each or so, so I couldn't go new. And I definitely couldn't afford, or justify, paying someone to redo it. Unique would be nice, but I definitely can't afford anything like that. I just wanted a simple swap. If I find a car that's totaled or maybe someone in that situation maybe I can swap everything out and let them junk my old interior lol but that's unlikely

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Isn't your headliner already gray in color? The black interior Accord does not have a black headliner. The A, B, and C pillars and headliner are gray. Everything below the window level is black. What about replacing all the lower dash panels, rear seat panels, center console, door panels, and rocker panels? If you replace the seats and carpet, your tan lower panels will look out of place. Your project might get expensive. Finding a good interior at a junk yard might be tough since a vehicle can be exposed to the elements sitting in a junk yard.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,511 Posts
A lot of people think about this, until they find out how much it's going to cost them. I plan to change my driver side seat cover at some point (it's worn), but at about $5-600 it' going to wait a while longer.

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, besides looks one of my big reasons is the torn seats. The fronts are in really bad shape. I didn't want to just replace them. I was thinking maybe if I can at leasting find the seats, carpet, and door panel in good condition ill attempt to dye/paint the other parts and if I fail at that ill be forced to buy the parts so it don't look like shit haha.

·
My other car is a Cobra
36 Posts
I have a 96 Cobra that used to be tan. Like yours it was tan from the window down basically and have the cheaper stuff converted. It looked like poo, but with the 75% black/25% tan it doesn't look bad. I'll PM you some pics and let you decide if it's something you want to do.

A seat cover would be your cheapest option at this point to at least the asthetic part of your car. You would be amazed at how much just the carpet changes the look of a vehicle.

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds cool. I eventually want it all black unless I decide not to keep it, but it'll be nice if I can do a little at a time.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dude, our color is amazing, though mine was barely driven before I got it, and garaged. I would try to refinish the interior in the same color, just my opinion. Seats can be reupholstered, carpet can be ripped up and replaced, trim pieces can be found if you have the time to look. If you have the money, it can be done.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I honestly think you'd be better off buying an Accord with a black interior. Much easier. Not like they're rare, either

·
Registered
249 Posts
If its what you want to do go for it man, but I think it's a waste of money personally. I wanted a black interior as well, but I am happy with my gray. Just think of all the other mods you can do and get for the money you would spend on just changing your interior color. Just a thought to think about. :thmsup:

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I honestly think you'd be better off buying an Accord with a black interior. Much easier. Not like they're rare, either
I can't just give this car up! lol. This car has made me suffer so much over the past few years that now that that's all gone and I've began modding it somewhat I have to keep it. :nuts: Plus it saved my life a few times. Whether it was running away to Florida or getting jumped or running some guy over for trying to stab my cousin (lol) this car had my back haha.

But yeah I do wish I got it black.

If its what you want to do go for it man, but I think it's a waste of money personally. I wanted a black interior as well, but I am happy with my gray. Just think of all the other mods you can do and get for the money you would spend on just changing your interior color. Just a thought to think about. :thmsup:
That's true. I do really need tires right now.. which is a perfect time to get rims...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Haha I can understand the sentimental part of it. I couldn't really part with my stock AT sedan either haha

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
just find someone with a black interior willing to swap with you and maybe a little extra cash on your part. seems like easiest way to me.

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just find someone with a black interior willing to swap with you and maybe a little extra cash on your part. seems like easiest way to me.
That would be nice. I saw 'shermanator's cobra with that's all black except the seats and a few panels and it looks pretty nice. If I can get half it that be good too.

But yeah if someolne was willing to swap interiors that'd be ideal.

·
TL A-Specs RUBY------CURB
931 Posts
Ok buddy, I am here to help, I did the same with my car, I had cloth interior and went to a full leather interior, did a full swap. So I can help you out. Send me a pm with your number. Its is easier explained by talking than typing loads and loads of info up here. Honestly, its is not that hard to do, you can still keep your heated seats and eeverything. just pm me and we can talk about it.

·
Chillin
237 Posts
Hey I know this thread is a little old but I really wanna do an interior change as well, although black would be nice on my White accord I wanna go Unique going like black with red or all white maybe even blue haha. Like I said unique, ntextreme3 were you able to get your interior redone?

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No I never got around to it.. I did do a search through a junk car parts database and came up with some cheap prices for interior parts. In my case the seats were the biggest issue. I decided to get other things first. I just ordered retro headlights, pauls (v6p) intake manifold spacer, tl-s front and rear sway bars, and an oem style wing. When I recover from that, ill start lookn into the interior swap more adamantly.

·
Chillin
237 Posts
Oh ok I see. I'm still trying to decide to do for head lights. Well if you ever get around to the interior let me know what happens if you can

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some guys on this forum (and others) started a website for retros. the pricing seems really fair. That's who is making mine. I was going to attempt it myself but there won't be a single day for the rest of this year where I won't need my car so I can't risk something going wrong, and for only 100 in labor I thought it would be great.

Check it out:
theforumretrofitters.com (I think)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts