Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to install a single 12" Sub and amp in my 2011 Accord Sedan I4. Stock basic stereo (no factory sub). I was looking at the Kicker l7 with the Kicker 750.1 amp. But not sure if that would be to much speaker for the stock system??? Also that set up is pretty pricey. What would you guys suggest. I listen to Rap/rock and a little of everything else. I use this car as a company vehicle so I am in it 2-3 hours a day minimum. And the stock system just is not exciting. Looking for different options and suggestions. Thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was hoping to be around $400-$500 for the sub install. I wasn't planning on changing the front speakers as they are not that bad. My old car was an Impala with the Bose system. It had a lot more bass than this basic stereo. But even the Bose system wasn't great. My main worry is running more than one amp in this car. Have you seen the tiny battery in these cars. I was even questioning if it would handle just a sub amp?? You are right though the sub will overpower the stock speakers. Could I add a control knob for the sub amp?? Until I get more funds to change out the stock speakers. I can see spending another 400-500 for replacing the stock speakers. But I will have to wait a couple months for that. WHat would you suggest with a $800-$900 budget. I will be able to install everything myself so I wouldn't have to pay for install. I have been reading everything I can on speakers and amps since I bought the car. And I am overwhelmed with all the options and choices. And then which sub to get 2ohm, 4ohm. It starts to get confusing after reading so much. Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
My main worry is running more than one amp in this car. Have you seen the tiny battery in these cars. I was even questioning if it would handle just a sub amp?? You are right though the sub will overpower the stock speakers. Could I add a control knob for the sub amp??
The car can handle a sub amp just fine. I've been running a JL HD600/4 for about two years now without any problems. And yes you can add a knob to control the sub volume, it's a common part in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The 4 cyl will run that 750 without any problems. I had a 750 kicker (mono block) w/ 2 10inch l5's in my 2010 accord sedan 4cyl & it sounded very good! All that was hooked up to the factory head unit & factory speakers.

I think the 1 12 inch l7 w/ the 750 will kick ass!

Do it!

·
Registered
926 Posts
I'd get a sundown sa-10 and a crescendo 1000c4

You'll get 500 x 1 on the sub channel and 125 x 2 for your front stage. One amp would keep stuff simple.

as far as source goes, i would NOT get a loc. That's the shittiest way to go about things and source is most important.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Processor.

Typical car audio branded LOCs generally have a limited bandwidth, and even within that bandwidth, the signal isn't very flat. All an LOC is is a group of small transformers that step down the voltage to a line level, and provide ground isolation. Since consumer car audio LOCs utilize such small, and inexpensive transformers, you'll get the limited bandwidth I was talking about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts