Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being frustrated for so many years about not being able to play music via bluetooth I am planning to swap out the stock HU for a touchscreen with all the bells and whistles. I've never done it before, but from watching tons of vids on YouTube the level of difficulty doesn't seem to be too high, so I'm gonna go for it. I just purchased the aftermarket dash kit from eBay, now I'm looking around for a HU. what do y'all suggest? I need to have bluetooth calls, music, and possibly CarPlay at the bare minimum. I'm also planning on installing a back up cam too.

Someone.....anyone.......

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve had good luck with Kenwood’s entry level double din touchscreen units. They range from $175-$250 and I’ve installed them on my ‘04 crv and my ‘05 accord. Doubt it would fit yours though without major modifications; I saved over $200 by getting rid of the bottom cubby of the accord to fit the head unit in with a $15 metra mount kit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let us know what you ended up using. Last year, I installed an Android head unit and a backup camera and haven't looked back! ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I went with pioneer dmh-1500nex. I also installed the idatalink rr2 module + the H02 harness, and installed a e-brake bypass. Everything turned out great!! I really like the audio quality of this head unit. I just have to install my usb/aux combo now.

Has anyone installed the idatalink maestro h02 swc harness?

Over the last month I installed the pioneer dmh-1500nex, idatalink maestro h02 harness. The problem im having is that the controls work when I turn on the car, then maybe 10 minutes later they stop working. I need help.

·
Registered
503 Posts
So I just finish up wiring and installing my new Pioneer 2660 nex head unit. thank god for the Idatalink and their harness making the install pretty much plug and play.

SUMMA... so I let my car run more then 10 mins and its fine... no issues so far... the only thing that bugs me right now is when i plug the Stock usb flash drive in... there is no sound coming from it... earlier on before i put everything back in the tested everything and it was working fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts