Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very impressed with these tires so far. Road noise,ride and dry traction is very good. I'll report back as I get rain and snow experience. Consumer Reports recommended them in the UHP all season category.

Previous tires were OEM Michelin HX MXM4(terrible in snow)

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
I have them on mine and I love em... getting some pretty bad wear on the back though. Ever since I lowered it, the back end is 2 degrees out, so its my fault but still ****s. But yeah great tire! lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These tires are excellent in rain and light snow. I have had any deep snow yet.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I was at a tossup between these and the Yokohama Avid ENVigors when I bought my last tires... However, I bought the Yokos. Pretty good tires I must say, however, if the Sumi's are that good and that cheap, I may be at a tossup again next time around.

·
Pkim871
155 Posts
how much psi do you guys put in your sumitomos? i got mine in october 2010 with 33 psi all around and at half tank im only getting 150 miles but with my oem michelins i was getting 180. my driving style and a mix of highway/local routes have not changed. recently i added two more pounds so 35 psi all around but no improvement. the max psi for the sumitomos are 51 psi should i put like 45 psi all around :dunno:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run 35 psi, my gas mileage has dropped 1 to 2 mpg. The sumitomo is a stickier tire so I don't mind the loss of mpg.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much psi do you guys put in your sumitomos? i got mine in october 2010 with 33 psi all around and at half tank im only getting 150 miles but with my oem michelins i was getting 180. my driving style and a mix of highway/local routes have not changed. recently i added two more pounds so 35 psi all around but no improvement. the max psi for the sumitomos are 51 psi should i put like 45 psi all around :dunno:
I wouldn't put 45 psi in your tires, it would ride very rough. Tires are a compromise you give up one characteristic for another. The sumitomo has more grip so I am willing to give up mpg.

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
I run 35 psi all around. I'm pullin 300-400 to the tank with my 6-6. Best I got was this summer 29 mpg on a trip down to NC from PA. That was before I put on the Borla. I'm goin down again this year, I'll have to see how it compares.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
thank you for posting your experience w/ these thus far drn151...

people look at the yoko avid's, conti dws's, eagle gt's and these sumo's quite a bit for our rides... hadn't heard much other than reviews read online about the sumo's..so thx again!

edit: a decent personal review from the past yr with these tires (diff size of course) over on mazda forums..run through the entire thread

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=168671.0

edit #2 :

I see 235/45/18 (stock v6 Mich size) isnt an option w/ these... I noticed the OP is on what I'm assuming are 17's.

245/40/18 is an option though... hmmmm

·
Pkim871
155 Posts
ill just leave it at 35psi. how did the tires do in the snow for you guys?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts