Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neither interior switch or key remote will open the sun roof (Windows open with key)

I hear a clicking inside the roof when I try to open it.

What's likely the problem?

I think a new motor is around $300 cdn

Thanks

Ralph

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Did it stop working suddenly, or had any intermittent issues before?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to use the switch 2 or 3. Times before it would open.

But I have to admit. My ignorance of features of the sunroof.I didn't know I had a tilt option and so ignored the reset procedure outlined in the. Forum.

Having found I had tilt I followed the procedure and now the roof is functioning properly.

The reset involves holding tilt and turning the key off and on a few times

If you don't have it or can't find it on here I can send it to you

Ralph

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had to use the switch 2 or 3. Times before it would open.

But I have to admit. My ignorance of features of the sunroof.I didn't know I had a tilt option and so ignored the reset procedure outlined in the. Forum.

Having found I had tilt I followed the procedure and now the roof is functioning properly.

The reset involves holding tilt and turning the key off and on a few times

If you don't have it or can't find it on here I can send it to you

Ralph
Where can I find the reset information for the sunroof. mine doesn't want to open fully. It opens slightly then closes but the tilt open perfectly fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This may or may not help to fix the issue. Try resetting the moonroof control unit.

1. Close driver’s door, leave it closed during the whole procedure.
2. Turn ignition to LOCK (0).
3. Press and hold the tilt switch, and turn ignition to ON (II).
4. Release the tilt switch, and turn ignition to LOCK (0).
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 four times.
6. Check if the AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function still work. If they still work, the AUTO functions have not been cleared, go back to step 1. If AUTO functions have been cleared, go to step 7.
7. Press and hold the moonroof open switch for at least 3 additional seconds after the moonroof is fully opened.
8. Press and hold the moonroof close switch for at least 3 additional seconds after the moonrood is fully closed (tilted).
9. Confirm that the moonroof control unit is reset by using the moonroof AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function.

·
Registered
7 Posts

This may or may not help to fix the issue. Try resetting the moonroof control unit.

6. Check if the AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function still work. If they still work, the AUTO functions have not been cleared, go back to step 1. If AUTO functions have been cleared, go to step 7.
7. Press and hold the moonroof open switch for at least 3 additional seconds after the moonroof is fully opened.
8. Press and hold the moonroof close switch for at least 3 additional seconds after the moonrood is fully closed (tilted).
9. Confirm that the moonroof control unit is reset by using the moonroof AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function.
I will try as soon as I get off.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts

I tried the reset a few times. Sunroof still does not open. At one point i tried to open it but seemed like it took all of his power and just stopped. It also clicks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you haven't, try pressing the open button on the fob twice. The Windows and roof are supposed to open.

Beyond that try honda-tech forum

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you haven't, try pressing the open button on the fob twice. The Windows and roof are supposed to open.

Beyond that try honda-tech forum
Mine did the same thing....just clicks. I replaced the motor and everything works fine now. Not that difficult to do, took about fifteen to twenty minutes to replace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts