Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my rims with practically new Sunny tires from a guy on CL. The tires are 40 profile, so they were quite noisy, and there were some vibrations on the steering wheel. I just figured that this was maybe a combination of the profile and some mis-balancing. Later on in the year, i got brand new bridgestones, and took the tires off. Here are the two observations:

1. The guy that was installing the new tires showed me how much balancing weight that was stuck on my rims. He said probably the guy previously didn't know how to balance them correctly.

2. I had sold the tires to someone else on CL. A few days later, he emailed me accusing me of selling him tires that will not balance properly.

So in short, it is possible that these tires are poorly made and you may have balancing problems, or at the very least you may run in to a hard time to get them balanced perfectly. The manufacturer may be able to replace defective wheels, if it's a prevalent problem and they can be reached (but, they are a Chinese manufacturer). Now it's also completely possible that the guy who bought the tires from me is just telling me this in an attempt to return the tires (b/c he doesn't like em for whatever reason). Either way, i suppose it's buyer beware, so that's why i am posting this in case anyone here is thinking about getting them.

·
Gota love BLUE
643 Posts
had them before lasted me 4 months..horrble brand

1 - 3 of 3 Posts