21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
951 Posts
Those "electric" supercharger kits are a complete crock.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Deity, the parts bpearl2010 listed are the best you can do. I would advise against a turbo/supercharger setup because the auto tranny can only handle up to 250whp and it's already problematic for stock v6's (200whp). Even If you do boost, you're still losing a lot of power thru the auto trans.

If I were you, I would just get bolt-ons and those alone should be satisfying. Then I would lower the car and throw on some 19x10's or wider and call it a day.
You should just make your car look nice and buy a fast one later. I was in your situation 4 years ago. I had the exact same car except it was a 2007 and I was not allowed to sell mine despite that I was paying for it. Well, being 21 now, I had saved up almost $3,000 in a few months of worked and took the bite. I went to the dealership and traded in. Just enjoy what you have now and buy what you want later. Best of luck to you.
I think i'm going to take your advice and just go for aesthetics, then sell it off in 3-4 years and buy something a little more customizable. The costs involves are a little more then i'd like to spend. Other then the exhaust, and SRI, I think i'm just going to leave it. I don't want to look for more problems by tuning it too much and creating potential problems that will drain my wallet.

Thanks for all your imput everyone! Really appreciate all your help!

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
You should still get the parts bpearl2010 listed. The k24 engine responds well to modifications. Get the HFP kit, lower your car and get some wide wheels for an aggressive stance. You will be happy when it's all done right. I wouldn't sell your car later on to be honest. It's a honda and it will last and it's a great car to ride in long enough til you decide to buy a car of your choice.

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
3,395 Posts
you should still get the parts bpearl2010 listed. The k24 engine responds well to modifications. Get the hfp kit, lower your car and get some wide wheels for an aggressive stance. You will be happy when it's all done right. I wouldn't sell your car later on to be honest. It's a honda and it will last and it's a great car to ride in long enough til you decide to buy a car of your choice.
+1...

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
hfp kit?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Honda Factory Performance Lip kit.
Ahh sorry, still trying to grasp all the acronyms. Not too familiar with automotive mechanics, but i'm learning slowly.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
For what it would cost to properly setup a turbo on the Accord you could buy a sport bike that would destroy the turbo'd Accord on the straights and in the twisties.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
For what it would cost to properly setup a turbo on the Accord you could buy a sport bike that would destroy the turbo'd Accord on the straights and in the twisties.
I wish I could get a bike, Soon as I move out. lol.

2- UR Pulley kit
3-P2R- Throttle Body spacer "i believe"
4-P2R- Ported Intake Runners.
6-Sprint Booster"doesn't add HP but increase throttle response"
Sorry for another stupid question, but what exactly do the above do, how do they effect my performance. How do they work?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm glad you decided against the turbo/surpercharger thing - very expensive, voids all semblance of a warranty, and would destroy your automatic tranny.

Just start small and make your way through some of the mods people have done on this site. Some of my favorites include the exhaust, intake, hfp lip kit, rims, etc.

The nitrous thing would get a somewhat interesting option. Its not as expensive (maybe 200-300 for the install) and if you get a good one the boost can be set to work if you push the throttle past 4000 rpm or whatever automatically.

Just understand something - every time you make a modification to your car it very rarely works without some flaws. For example, when I replaced my stereo in my last car, the amp was always acting up, the door panels never fit the same way as before, etc. etc.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'm glad you decided against the turbo/surpercharger thing - very expensive, voids all semblance of a warranty, and would destroy your automatic tranny.

Just start small and make your way through some of the mods people have done on this site. Some of my favorites include the exhaust, intake, hfp lip kit, rims, etc.

The nitrous thing would get a somewhat interesting option. Its not as expensive (maybe 200-300 for the install) and if you get a good one the boost can be set to work if you push the throttle past 4000 rpm or whatever automatically.

Just understand something - every time you make a modification to your car it very rarely works without some flaws. For example, when I replaced my stereo in my last car, the amp was always acting up, the door panels never fit the same way as before, etc. etc.

Good luck.

Haha thanks, not really interested in the Nitrous, I'm not really into racing, just want to sound a bit better and have a little extra natural power. And yeah, that's why i'd like to keep my mods to a minimum, no turbo/SC, nothing ever works without some problems. I'd like to keep my expenses to a minimum. But would like an exhaust/intake.

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
I wish I could get a bike, Soon as I move out. lol.

Sorry for another stupid question, but what exactly do the above do, how do they effect my performance. How do they work?
The UR pulley kit frees weight from the pulleys which will make your RPMs go up faster. It'll make your acceleration smoother as well.

The ported intake runners allow more air thru the engine. It will work even better with the cai/Sri.

The throttlebody spacer doesn't really do anything but when paired with a cai it will make it louder.

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Acura RDX 2.4L Turbo if you really want might try LKQ

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Deity,

Sorry man i don't want to Close your doors man,

But there is not Turbo system for our cars, even if you have a I4 for.. If you don't have at least 7k saved up for a Custom Stand alone System Program, Custom turbo setup your best bet would be to get Bolt On power parts..

Check out ..

WWW.THROWDOWNPERFORMANCE.COM

He is a Forum sponsor..

Right now your options are

1- Exhaust System Cat-back
2- UR Pulley kit
3-P2R- Throttle Body spacer "i believe"
4-P2R- Ported Intake Runners.
5- Short or Cold Air intake system
6-Sprint Booster"doesn't add HP but increase throttle response"

If i am missing parts sorry, i only keep up with V6 parts since i have every part on the market on my car lol

MARK at ThrowdownPerformance will be able to help you with ever you need..

Shoot him a Pm with what your looking for i'm sure he can help you out..
Throw down should make a downpipe for 4cyl like weapon-r/megan racing did for the 8th gen civic. r18 engine. it made 8hp on that engine.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts