Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what a guy who owns it was just bragging about?

He says he got 24 mpg 100% city on his 07 6-6.

Is this even possible?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Depends on your definition of "city". If he's cruising at 30 mph with very few red lights and stops, then yeah, probably.

But I'm getting 22 mpg in my four-banger. My 100% city includes as much time idling as I am moving, and lots of quick acceleration to jump into holes in traffic. Nothing past second gear either, really.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Depends on your definition of "city". If he's cruising at 30 mph with very few red lights and stops, then yeah, probably.
Sure agree with bold above. My 6-6 both in mixed driving and especially on the Interstate is big time fuel efficient (25-28 mixed/always over 32 Interstate).

24 City is a good number (but again the first sentence in bold above applies).

ez....

·
Banned
294 Posts

Is this even possible?
I got 26 mpg in the heat of the summer and this is 345 miles BEFORE and I repeat *BEFORE* the low fuel amber light turned On.

This is a V6 AT from 2006.

*Beast*

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Where is the guy from?

A place like Charlotte is going to be way different than say New York City.

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts

Is this even possible?
I am a Realtor in the suburbs of Dallas. I do a lot of short distance driving in the city. Lot's of stop and go. I average around 22 mpg if I am driving fairly conservatively. If I am really rushing, this could easily drop to around 18 mpg. If I am lucky enough to find some non-ethanol gas, I can improve this by almost 10% ... I don't think 24 mpg is out of the question.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,513 Posts
I just changed my plugs, at 85k miles, so I wanted to see if it made a difference. I got 24.5mpg, not "city" but around town with 4-way stops galore. I had been lucky to get 20mpg in the same situation before the plug change. The engine did seem to run a teeny tiny bit smoother after I changed the plugs, but it was running smooth before. I know the plugs weren't due yet, but I bought them early, and couldn't wait any longer.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I get 22-24 on city. Speed limit is 45-55 so I guess that really helps. I get 26-28 on highway. If its mostly highway I get a lot better like 30. But winter blend gas is pooo

·
Registered
81 Posts
I average around 21-22 on all city driving, but that's with no ethanol in my gas.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have the 6/6! Get 17mpg in town on a good day and 30+ on the interstate.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
It is possible. Variables include what city, how he drives, etc.
The I4 has to work harder to push around basically the same weight than the 6. the 6 is remarkably efficient.
I know a guy who consistently gets better mpg than I do with his 6-6 coupe. He drives gingerly (most of the time), but he manages incredible MPG.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,917 Posts
Agree with all above on "what kind of city driving" and "is it E-10 or real gasoline"? I have a 3.5l RAV4 with auto and I manage 20mpg strictly in town (trips of 5 miles or less) on E-10. To answer your question, yes, it is doable with conservative driving. Also A/C on or off?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts