Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Suspension Discussion: what's available, springs, coil overs, struts, news, info, etc

644285 Views 1705 Replies 334 Participants Last post by  Gooner1886
Are there any lowering springs available for this car? Thanks.
201 - 220 of 1706 Posts
and guys, keep in mind... with the amount of drop Stancedsport and I have... we have a GREAT deal of negative camber in the rear. So be warned, if you want to go as low as us... its not for the faint of heart. I'll post up an "a$$" end shot of my car tomorrow when my wife gets home. We alternate using it as our daily every other day. haha
and guys, keep in mind... with the amount of drop Stancedsport and I have... we have a GREAT deal of negative camber in the rear. So be warned, if you want to go as low as us... its not for the faint of heart. I'll post up an "a$$" end shot of my car tomorrow when my wife gets home. We alternate using it as our daily every other day. haha
I'm guessing you are keeping the camber as is so that those wide wheels fit?

No plans for camber correction? Even the slightest?
I don't think so since the fronts would be a lot more flush and if I remove the rear adapter and replace the rear tires with wider tires for no stretch... it would look odd. So for now with these wheels. I'll probably sport the negative camber until I move onto another set of shoes and fitment along with adjustable camber arms. I change shoes/wheels out often anyways. Its the only way I maintain interest in the cars I have. haha since now I can't really change out cars like I have in the past, (haha due to being marriage and UN-happy wife = UN-happy life) since this is car #18 for me.
Your car looks fantastic ultraxr, How low do you have the coilovers turned down?

Hay2dawood yours is looking sweet too!! What is your wheel set up in sizes and did you use the D2's aswell?
Yea I have the D2 as well. They ride good. I just changed my set up again to another 19x8.5 235 35 19 tire. NYC and rims don't get along....here's a current picture of my car. I need rear wheel spacers.

Attachments

See less See more
For those that care, I just got off the phone with Megan Racing and the salesperson said to check back at the end of June. I was inquiring about the Megan EZ street coilovers.

I'm looking for coilovers that ride comfortably and will give me a drop of about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch between the top of the tire to the fender. I've have other coilovers before like Tanabe, ST and H & R so I have a general idea on how coilovers will ride. I'm thinking about getting the D2's or K sports since they are already available but not sure if I should wait.....
Got my D2 Coilovers installed by VexMotorsports in Santa Clara as well as had my fenders rolled by Anthony Lezada who works at Vex. Ordered the 3 Arm Rear Camber Kit from ThrowndownPerformance for the 8th Gen Accord, bolted up no problem.

See less See more
Looks real good. Did you end up keeping the 275's in the rear, if so they tucked in real nice.

What were your final camber settings?
sickkkkk. :thmsup:
hot damn that looks amazing

what are the wheel specs & tire size, dub?
Dubstepslap415, the whip is looking good. That's three (Stancedsport, you and me) that are sitting "fairly" low. I love how low yours is sitting! great job bro.

As for the SPC - 3-Arm Rear Camber Kit for the 8th gens. Those really bolted up with no issues? Holy crap!!! I need to cop a set of those cause I want a little more negative camber in the rear to clear my fenders for a lower drop in the rear. haha
Got my D2 Coilovers installed by VexMotorsports in Santa Clara as well as had my fenders rolled by Anthony Lezada who works at Vex. Ordered the 3 Arm Rear Camber Kit from ThrowndownPerformance for the 8th Gen Accord, bolted up no problem
Veddy NICE! Glad to hear the arm kit works perfectly. What kind of bushings does the arm kit use?

Your tire sizes make sense now. :thmsup:

What's with the door/fender guards? Messes up the clean lines IMO.

Dubstepslap415, the whip is looking good. That's three (Stancedsport, you and me) that are sitting "fairly" low. I love how low yours is sitting! great job bro.

As for the SPC - 3-Arm Rear Camber Kit for the 8th gens. Those really bolted up with no issues? Holy crap!!! I need to cop a set of those cause I want a little more negative camber in the rear to clear my fenders for a lower drop in the rear. haha
As I was reading your response I was thinking that you were going to fix your camber, but you are doing the opposite. Haha! That's crazy. I guess you are none too concerned about tire wear on your DD?
Got my D2 Coilovers installed by VexMotorsports in Santa Clara as well as had my fenders rolled by Anthony Lezada who works at Vex. Ordered the 3 Arm Rear Camber Kit from ThrowndownPerformance for the 8th Gen Accord, bolted up no problem.
Cant wait to drop mine...looks clean dubstepslap415:thmsup:
Looks real good. Did you end up keeping the 275's in the rear, if so they tucked in real nice.

What were your final camber settings?
thanks man, yeah kept the 275/30R20 in the rear
I'm going back next week for a realign and adjustment, when I go I'll get the final camber numbers

hot damn that looks amazing

what are the wheel specs & tire size, dub?
Velgen VMB5 in Matte Gunmetal
Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires
20x9F +35 offset 245/30R20
20x10.5R +45 offset 275/30R20

Thanks man, haha yeah we were a little lower in fact but needed to raise a bit so i wasn't rubbing everywhere haha
yeah no issues with the camber kit
here's an easy install video provided by SPC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBdsbB6LzPE

Veddy NICE! Glad to hear the arm kit works perfectly. What kind of bushings does the arm kit use?

Your tire sizes make sense now. :thmsup:

What's with the door/fender guards? Messes up the clean lines IMO.
I'm not 100% sure on the kind of bushings, it might be explained in the product description, here's the link to where I purchased: http://throwdownperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=147

They door/fender guards were put on by the dealership before I bought the car, I'll probably get them taken off at some point soon though, I've been thinking about it

Cant wait to drop mine...looks clean dubstepslap415:thmsup:
thanks man!
See less See more
As I was reading your response I was thinking that you were going to fix your camber, but you are doing the opposite. Haha! That's crazy. I guess you are none too concerned about tire wear on your DD?
hahaha yeah. At $124 a tire, I'm not too concerned about tire wear. I'm more concerned about being able to go a little lower and getting my wheel lip clearance needed for no rubbing.

However, since I do change up my shoe setups quite often, the camber arms would do me good if I decide to switch up to some squared wheels/tires and straighter camber. For the time being, I'm digging the "stanced" setup.
Wow you guys are really slammed and looking great. I'm looking for a milder drop though and place more emphasis on keeping the current Sport model feel. Is the D2 worth jumping on or should I wait for HFP, Megan, or Tein?
Ride looks nice dub!! I wish I had the nuts to go that low....
Wow you guys are really slammed and looking great. I'm looking for a milder drop though and place more emphasis on keeping the current Sport model feel. Is the D2 worth jumping on or should I wait for HFP, Megan, or Tein?
If you're going only for a mild drop, I would either wait for HFP's or maybe even opt for springs (Eibach Pro-Kits are probably worth looking into if they're ever released for this car). But if you're set on having the ability to adjust ride-height that comes with owning coilovers, I'd add Progress onto the list of companies to look out for. Even though the solid customer service + warranty alone makes it worth it, their entire product line is American made.

I'm personally waiting to see what the feedback on HFP's will be though. Ideally would like to see Mugen release a set of "Sport Suspensions" like they did for the DC5. CBF'ed with corner-balancing, adjust/re-tightening perches every couple thousand miles, etc. that comes with owning coilovers all over again :).
For those on the D2's, how are you adjusting your ride height. Are you using the lower mount or the spring perch? I have always used the spring perch but the instructions say use the lower mount if equipped. My guess is get reasonability close with the lower mount and tune in with the spring perch.

I might have time to get these installed today :)
A lot of companies don't recommend adjusting by the perch as it'll mess with preload. Adjusting with the lower collar is also a hell of a lot easier once they're on the car. I would play with that adjustment first and if you absolutely need to go lower mess with the perch, don't expect to get much from there though. The perch is a bitch to turn once it gets tight.
ok.. I rolled my fenders today and installed my k-sports. I will snap more pics once I finalize the ride height and get my camber dialed in tomorrow. I think I need to raise it up a half inch at least, no way im not destroying my front fenders if I hit a bump in a corner. There is maybe 1-2mm of space right now even in a mild turn.

Local, thanks for the tip on the adjustment. This is no preload adjustment with the perch and the lower collar all the way down.

Attachments

See less See more
201 - 220 of 1706 Posts