Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1641 - 1660 of 1689 Posts

·
Honda Dreams
14 Posts
I just did them recently and love it till this date. Here is a thread I started with pics of it and alignment sheet n. Haven't got
Ten a rear camber kit because I haven't found one for my year. But not really worried since the toe is what wears tires out quicker. Camber does in the looming run. But I'll rotate often and by then hopefully get it.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/162-wheels-suspension-brakes/422681-h-r-springs-installed-2016-touring-sedan.html
Thanks so much!!

I didn't use one and the alignment came out great!!

I appreciate the help!

Chappie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys got a 2016 Honda accord sport and i got Eibach Pro Kit on and about to put 20x8.5 front and 20x9.5 rear concave style raped around 245/35... i hope it doesn't rub cause im still waitng for them...i will post pictures as soon as i drop them

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey guys got a 2016 Honda accord sport and i got Eibach Pro Kit on and about to put 20x8.5 front and 20x9.5 rear concave style raped around 245/35... i hope it doesn't rub cause im still waitng for them...i will post pictures as soon as i drop them
You shouldn't rub at all, how low are you?

Megan Racing Coilovers, the rear coils are maxed and the fronts are maxed and cut.
Stock Megan racing coilovers will not get you this low.
Car isn't daily driven. Only for show purposes.
Plan on going lower within the next year.

Wheels are ESR SR08(crlies) 19x10.5 +22

·
Beginner
145 Posts
I thinking about lowering my car with a very mild drop. Seems like these springs are the only two options available: Eibach (part # 4090.140 I-4 engine), 1.0" front / 0.7" rear and H&R (part #51845 I-4 engine), 1.2" front / 1.2" rear. Do both provided a leveled drop after the springs have fully settled close to OEM as possible. What is the length from the top of the wheel well on the front and rear? Isn't the rear wheel arch a little lower than the front? What aftermarket struts or shocks would be an excellent pair with these springs?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got my Tein Street Advance coils delivered from B2 Auto Designs through an ebay sale. Hopefully put them on soon...as my friend said "only real car guys get low in the middle of winter" lol.

Has there been much of a consensus for those using them about damper settings? I'm not just going for looks, I like stiffer handling...but dont' want to go too crazy to make the ride awful.

Also I know people were saying the fronts were hard to get the OEM suspension out...did anyone come up with a solid (easy) way to get this done? Any other useful tips would be appreciated. My friend owns a shop so having him do it, but anything I can tell him to make it smoother is always good. He hasn't worked on any of these model Accords.

·
Newb-ish
34 Posts
In some digging I came across some information that may be of value to some
GodSpeed Mono SS coilovers- max 2.5" drop (roughly)
KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers- 3.5" max drop
Tein Street Basis Z coilovers- 2.7"F/2.9"R max drop
Tein Street Advance Z coilovers- 2.7"F/2.9"R max drop
Tein Street Basis coilovers- 2.7"F/2.6"R max drop
D2 RS Coilovers- 2.4"-3.9" max drop

**All info confirmed via emails or manufacturer websites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help me out guys. I can't decide.

Tein, BR, or KSport coilovers (or anything else for that matter). Which is worth it price wise? I'm not familiar with modding cars at all so I'm a bit reluctant to throw 1k around like that and I can't really tell the difference between the features. The reason why I'm choosing coilovers over springs is because I might want to drop it lower in the future.

Thanks!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Help me out guys. I can't decide.

Tein, BR, or KSport coilovers (or anything else for that matter). Which is worth it price wise? I'm not familiar with modding cars at all so I'm a bit reluctant to throw 1k around like that and I can't really tell the difference between the features. The reason why I'm choosing coilovers over springs is because I might want to drop it lower in the future.

Thanks!
Well I can only speak on behalf of the Teins since that is what I got just recently. The ride is perfect and the drop depending on how low or high you want it depend son what you set it. I think people like other brands because they are a true coilovers set as opposed to teins. But unless you are a track racer, or need to slam it for shows, you don't need all that. For my daily driver and lowered and comfortable look and ride, I was happy I went with the teins. Just note there is the new Z line which are designed tad different and made in China factory as opposed to the regular street advance that are made in Japan. The z are a bit cheaper too, but I went with the original ones. Also, you def want a camber kit so you can have some flexibility on adjustments after you lower it and align it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I can only speak on behalf of the Teins since that is what I got just recently. The ride is perfect and the drop depending on how low or high you want it depend son what you set it. I think people like other brands because they are a true coilovers set as opposed to teins. But unless you are a track racer, or need to slam it for shows, you don't need all that. For my daily driver and lowered and comfortable look and ride, I was happy I went with the teins. Just note there is the new Z line which are designed tad different and made in China factory as opposed to the regular street advance that are made in Japan. The z are a bit cheaper too, but I went with the original ones. Also, you def want a camber kit so you can have some flexibility on adjustments after you lower it and align it.
Thanks! I'm going to look into the Tein line then. I save a little cash that I can put towards all the other necessities that I'll need with lowering.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
So has any company come out with an aftermarket struts yet?
Same question here. My front right strut is leaking badly and makes a squishing sound when compressed. While driving it is constantly clicking.

Time for new. This is a little disconcerting since my Integra went 235k with original shocks, and my 7th gen is still going strong at 215k on the original shocks. Hopefully this is an anomaly.

·
ШОС Лука
1,914 Posts
TruHart has aftermarket struts meant for lowered springs. But, the general consensus is that they are terrible.

Looks like I'll be swapping Tein SA for Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers. :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
So the dealership is the only option? With a million 9th gens in the US you would think it would worth it for the aftermarket to have something available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In some digging I came across some information that may be of value to some
GodSpeed Mono SS coilovers- max 2.5" drop (roughly)
KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers- 3.5" max drop
Tein Street Basis Z coilovers- 2.7"F/2.9"R max drop
Tein Street Advance Z coilovers- 2.7"F/2.9"R max drop
Tein Street Basis coilovers- 2.7"F/2.6"R max drop
D2 RS Coilovers- 2.4"-3.9" max drop

**All info confirmed via emails or manufacturer websites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any information on the minimum drop with each of those options? Looking for a smaller drop, but using coilovers instead of springs.

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Is redline 360 a good site to get TEIN? They're cheaper than heeltoeauto. https://www.redline360.com/tein-street-advance-z-coilovers-accord-GSHD6-9USS2

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
You finally gonna do it eh? GJ

GSHD6-2USS2 - TEIN Dampers - Street Advance - Race Consulting Agency - PARTS | KNOWLEDGE | PASSION
Same price too and i have ordered from them.
https://thmotorsports.com/tein/tein-dampers-street-advance/g-65061.aspx is where i got mine from and the camber arms.

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,471 Posts
Is redline 360 a good site to get TEIN? They're cheaper than heeltoeauto. https://www.redline360.com/tein-street-advance-z-coilovers-accord-GSHD6-9USS2

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Haven't dealt with them before, but just make sure to look out for coupon codes too since a lot of these vendors sponsor different forums. I always go to a particular Acura forum I'm on for Heeltoe codes. Also, a lot of these vendors will have specials on holidays, so I'd personally wait to see if anything drops on July 4th weekend. GL! So exciting!

1641 - 1660 of 1689 Posts