Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Accord had a new sub frame, rack and pinion, control arms, tie rods, new rims/tires (OEM) installed to try and eliminate the pulling to the right that i am experiencing.
After all the above repairs my car still drives to the right under slow/moderate or hard acceleration (inline I4 engine)
I have concluded this is not normal as my buddy just picked up the exact same car and it drives straight.
Every time i accelerate i need to turn the steering wheel to the left then back to the right once i left off the gas in order to keep it going straight.
I have rotated the tires, back to front, side to side and it does change the positioning of the steering wheel for some reason (toe)
At this time my wheel is off to the right, and after the rack was changed the steering is tighter then it was from factory.
Is there anything that has been missed which would cause such symptoms? Please help me out! If there are any specialized front end shops in the GTA/Scarborough/Markham Ontario area that can assist me or a Honda dealer that can actually correct this issue i would love to know of one.
Thanks!

·
Registered
851 Posts
what about the alignment? have you checked that and balancing of the tires? if not check that and make sure you save all the receipts cause if its bad, take it to the dealer and have them take a look at it, show them and it should be covered under warranty hoping you dont drive 36k miles in a year

·
8th Gen Audio Expert
1,713 Posts
My 2010 Accord had a new sub frame, rack and pinion, control arms, tie rods, new rims/tires (OEM) installed to try and eliminate the pulling to the right that i am experiencing.
After all the above repairs my car still drives to the right under slow/moderate or hard acceleration (inline I4 engine)
I have concluded this is not normal as my buddy just picked up the exact same car and it drives straight.
Every time i accelerate i need to turn the steering wheel to the left then back to the right once i left off the gas in order to keep it going straight.
I have rotated the tires, back to front, side to side and it does change the positioning of the steering wheel for some reason (toe)
At this time my wheel is off to the right, and after the rack was changed the steering is tighter then it was from factory.
Is there anything that has been missed which would cause such symptoms? Please help me out! If there are any specialized front end shops in the GTA/Scarborough/Markham Ontario area that can assist me or a Honda dealer that can actually correct this issue i would love to know of one.
Thanks!
Hmmm Chassis off alignment? Id lemon the bastard! thats unacceptable!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, 9 wheel alignments, 2nd set of tires..... In canada we do not have the lemon law, we have CAMVAP which is a long long long process...

·
Registered
594 Posts
It's torque steer yo! And isn't a law to make the cars steer to the right so incase you fall asleep on the wheel and you steer away from traffic?

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Tell them to replace the car, or you will visit every media outlet know to man.

·
Registered
188 Posts
so do the CAMVAP which im guessing its like our lemon laws here in the states....so what if take a while at least you might have the possiblity of getting a new car instead of having all these issues with this one

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would start the process of CAMVAP... its obviously not torque steer if his buddy's car doesn't do it.

In the US, if the dealer can't fix the problem after many tries then you can get it replaced - I understand its not the same in Canada but sounds like it'd be worth the trouble if you can eventually get it to work.

As for my diagnosis: if its not the tires, not the springs/camber/whatever, and you're not just talking about torque steer when you hit the gas pretty hard... then its got to be the chassis - must be off somehow.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
It's torque steer yo! And isn't a law to make the cars steer to the right so incase you fall asleep on the wheel and you steer away from traffic?
no... im sure they dont want u smacking ur car into buildings trees .... people... im pretty sure its better if u keep the car going straight... so u have a chance of not hitting anything....

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm not saying that's gonna steer to right enough to where your whole steering wheel is turned guy...it like just veers to the right a little bit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts