Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Accord 4 cyl 2.4 with 195k miles . Whenever I back in to my garage and hit the brakes I can hear a clunking noise coming from the front wheels. I had the lower ball joints replaced about a year ago, I wonder if this is the upper ball joints or something else. I have two different videos of the noise here, From outside the car:
From Inside the Car:
I appreciate any insight!

·
HK Moderator
14,265 Posts
Welcome to DriveAccord.

Which brand of lower ball joints did the repair shop use?

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, why do you ask?

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
No way to tell, precisely.
Have the entire front suspension checked, including the axles.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,014 Posts
OP there are a lot a bad aftermarket parts, fake OEM parts on eBay. Use the search feature on DA when you're considering replacing parts. When in doubt, OEM. You can shop for OEM parts prices with google.

Reactions: enne

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,053 Posts
I'd call the shop and ask them to see what brand they used/look on your service receipt and see if it's on there.

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,153 Posts
That sound like something is very loose. It might be helpful if you post pictures of your compliance bushing , upper arm, and tie-rod ends...etc. Or, you should go to a shop to diagnose the noise. Don't ignore it.

·
'13 LX-S, K&N Cai (looking for other mods)
8 Posts
I had a clunking in my front end on my '04 Accord coupe. Thought it was the struts, replaced both sides with a full spring and strut assembly from rockauto. Didn't solve it. Lifted the front end and wiggled the front wheels with my hands on the top and bottom pulling outward and pushing inward. There was something loose. I ordered and installed upper ball joints and everything was back to normal. I trust rockauto with most anything. I've never had an issue. (Currently about to replace a rear caliper with a reman from them this weekend on my '13 LX-S, knock on wood). You will need a full day to do this yourself if you're an amateur like me.

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found out what was wrong. The left front lower control arm forward mount bushing was torn out and the Right side was weather cracked badly and almost ripped out.

Replaced both control arms and all is well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts