Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My 2006 Accord EXL V6 sedan (5at) is stock height. I have stock AV6 rims on the car and stock Honda shocks/springs...

My car has recently been aligned (has had about 8-10 alignments since the beginning of the summer). It seems that the consensus is that my rear right camber is pretty far off. It is around -1.4/5 ... -1.5 is the borderline of green/red.

It seems that the camber on the left is around -.8 which is decently in spec I would say.

My front camber seems to be decent.

However, for the last few months (I live in NYC), my alignment seems to be getting knocked out of spec every week or so... I can feel it when the steering goes from heavy/tight, to light/less direct.

The past few alignments that I have gotten have shown excessive toe runout in the rear on both sides. Sometimes the front toe is out on either side as well.

I need some help... Could you tell me what suspension parts can be causing this, and what I should purchase to fix this, or what Honda can replace under warranty that could fix this? Ie, camber kit/toe kit/etc... I only do normal daily driving which, for the first 20,000 miles of my owning the car, did not cause any kind of alignment issues whatsoever.

Just a little fyi, I already had Honda check out the front end about 3 times and they have always come back saying that everything is fine. I am planning on attempting to have them check the rear end as well this week hopefully while I still have some resemblance of a warranty remaining.

I basicallly want to know if anything will tighten the areas that are causing these constant toe-out happenings up enough so my car can actually stay in alignment again, and what those areas are. Like, what part causes toe issues, and what part causes camber issues, etc. Thank you

Matt

·
-Gene
656 Posts
why dont u get a front and rear camber kit lol

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,719 Posts
Wow. Still having problems with the car, eh? If I were in your shoes, I would have sold the car already.

Best of luck on getting everything fixed.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want to know what components of the suspension (what bushings/what rods, etc...) are responsible for keeping the toe correct, so I can determine which component could possibly be the cause of my toe going out consistently.

Could bad struts cause that? Bad ball joints? etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts