Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The timing skipped on my 5 speed ulev accord, today I bought a f23a1 motor trans and computer. I wanted to know if I need any things or I will run into any problems while doing this, my car is an 01 Honda Accord coupe.

· Registered
5,693 Posts
The engines are mechanically the same, the difference is different exhaust manifold, and intake manifold, as well as the A4 has a AFR instead of an O2 sensor and a different ECU.

If timing skipped most likely the issue is bent valves. Replacing or fixing the head is much easier than replacing an entire engine?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any reason why my harmonic balancer is wobbling a bit, is it bad for me to keep going on it’s not wobbling bad bad still is, I have put window weld on my motor mounts so I can’t really tell if it shaking from that or the balancer? Any ideas on why? I also have iac valve blocked for now because car was just tacking at 3k and wouldn’t go down, my naighbor taught me a trick to block it temporarily, and getting new sensors tomorrow and knock senor is also reading low voltage for some reason? Any tips and tricks? Only 17 and want to learn so much about this car I love it so much. When car a/c is only while stopped, wants to stall or goes to low idle like dropping 200 rpm. Engine swap was difficult had many issues but fixed some

And what is this noise I keep hearing while I turn my wheel all the way left or right? I will put up videos when it lets me, as for now here is how a/c and harmonic balancer looks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.