Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Family, I know there are threads about this but I got so confused reading all the opinions.

I have a 2012 V6 Coupe. What sway bar should I install. 19 mm? 20 mm?

Roads here in my area are well so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you so much again.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
If you go too crazy in the rear it will make the car plow (understeer) going beyond 19, unless you are doing other mods and going to the track, is a waste. The TSX bar is a good OEM swap. A torsion bar should have no impact on a straight road, only on curves. If you do decide to go with a 19 or greater bar, make sure you upgrade your end links as well

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you go too crazy in the rear it will make the car plow (understeer) going beyond 19, unless you are doing other mods and going to the track, is a waste. The TSX bar is a good OEM swap. A torsion bar should have no impact on a straight road, only on curves. If you do decide to go with a 19 or greater bar, make sure you upgrade your end links as well
You have it backwards, a larger rear bar increases oversteer. The reason the rear bar is small from the factory is to increase controllable understeer which makes the car easier to drive for the average person.

Also, the 19mm and 20mm OEM bars used in the Acura TL have the exact same endlinks (same part #) as the ones used on the Accord. Therefore there is no reason to upgrade them.

·
RacerRik
172 Posts
If you go too crazy in the rear it will make the car plow (understeer) going beyond 19, unless you are doing other mods and going to the track, is a waste.
Are you sure about that? If so, then this car somehow works different from "normal cars". Increasing rear anti-roll bar normally decreases understeer. Going too large in the front normally makes the car plow (understeer).

·
Registered
745 Posts
Bigger in the rear increases oversteer. The bigger the front the more under steer. Go big or go home= Acura TL awd front and rear lol

·
8th Gen Believer
3,945 Posts
I installed a Progress 22mm RSB in a sedan and love it. The steering feels almost neutral. I changed bushings but not end links. There's no metal-to-metal contact between the bar and the sub frame. And the car corners really well, no body roll during:wink, ah, spirited driving.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Bigger in the rear increases oversteer. The bigger the front the more under steer. Go big or go home= Acura TL awd front and rear lol
Yes, you are correct, however, oversteer is generally more dangerous than understeer. and that is why passenger cars come with thicker front bars. If you go big in the rear only you can end up swapping ends if you lose it in a turn. Changing both as you suggest should do the trick.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys. What are the part numbers for the 19 and 20 Acura TL Sways. Also, what's the best place to order them for a good price.

Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts