Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2010 V6 6speed
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Accord it's a 2010 v6 6MT and was looking to do my first mod (I'm a total noob) from what I'm reading the rear sway bar is the way to go? Just wanna know opinions thoughts and whatnot

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I put a Progress 22mm rear sway bar on mine and it made a huge improvement on handling. Definitely recommended.

·
lol wut
436 Posts
Yes and no. Yes it is the way to go if everything else about your suspension is at least somewhat set up to accomodate a stiffer rear sway bar (i.e. coilovers, front sway bar, strut bars). And no it isn't the way to go, because simply slapping on a beefy rear sway bar and saying it improves handling just because the car turns in more aggressively doesn't necessarily mean you've improved the car's handling characteristics. It's just like saying your intake or exhaust boosted your car's performance because it's louder lol. Just my 2 cents...

If you're going to slap a rear sway bar on your bone stock accord just don't put the biggest sway bar you can find out there. I'd say 19mm would be a decent upgrade for you since the V6 6MT has a pretty beefy front sway bar compared to the other models. You can either go with the Ultra Racing or the OEM 4th gen Acura TL rear sway bar (99% perfect fit and loads cheaper).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts