Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I see a lot of info about upgrading the sway bars on a. 4 cyl but what about us with the v6. Is there a cheap alternative. I'm not changing to coil overs. I just want to firm things up a bit as the car seems to lean into the turns a bit too much. Any Acura replacements that would work well?

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can use an Acura TL rear sway bar. A bit bigger, no need to change the front.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey all, I see a lot of info about upgrading the sway bars on a. 4 cyl but what about us with the v6. Is there a cheap alternative. I'm not changing to coil overs. I just want to firm things up a bit as the car seems to lean into the turns a bit too much. Any Acura replacements that would work well?
There's a big thread on here about what works including the part numbers. I got the TL SHAWD RSB and switched mine out.

Left the front as is and love the improvements I noticed. Car seems more stable and responsive at high speed and in turns. Turn-in also seems to have been improved.

For $77 or so bucks, you can't go wrong.

·
Ryland L. Loncharich
112 Posts
The Progress 22mm sway is a great addition for the V6. The front really does not need anything changed even though the standard practice is to run the front a bit larger. The car rolls from the back a lot causing oversteer as is so adding in some more understeer with larger rear bars really does make a difference. I think the Acura bar at 25mm is too large but hey, to his - his own.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Progress 22mm sway is a great addition for the V6. The front really does not need anything changed even though the standard practice is to run the front a bit larger. The car rolls from the back a lot causing oversteer as is so adding in some more understeer with larger rear bars really does make a difference. I think the Acura bar at 25mm is too large but hey, to his - his own.
Actually, I think the Acura TL SHAWD RSB is about 20mm so it's thinner than the Progress. I remember going with it because I heard the Progress could cause more oversteer if the front wasn't upgraded as well.

Found this: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166114

P/N 52300-TK5-A02 (what I got).

·
Ryland L. Loncharich
112 Posts
Actually, I think the Acura TL SHAWD RSB is about 20mm so it's thinner than the Progress. I remember going with it because I heard the Progress could cause more oversteer if the front wasn't upgraded as well.

There msut be two Acura bars that I am confusing then. There is a 25mm one as well that some people have bought. Perhaps it is a TSX or RLX bar.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Ultra Racing makes both a 19mm or a 22mm SOLID rear sway bar (not tubular). Progress is also another option that is 22mm

·
Registered
608 Posts
The Progress has two "settings," I have mine on the harsh and I can whip around curves fairly fast but I do get oversteer eventually...
What's everyday ride quality like on the two different settings ?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

So with the Acura bar you noticed an improvement? Enough to justify the $80. The link you showed was for a crosstour, is it the same part number?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Curious, what are the toque specs? Anybody have them?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are they the same for coupe or sedan? I have the sedan.

·
Registered
148 Posts
So with the Acura bar you noticed an improvement? Enough to justify the $80. The link you showed was for a crosstour, is it the same part number?
Yes, I felt quite an improvement. I've been able to take a few turns just as sharply as I used to in my Juke with torque vectoring AWD. So I think it was definitely worth the $80.

The RSB part number I listed is from the TL. I'm guessing folks are using it on the Crosstour as well as an upgrade.

·
Registered
336 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts