Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
** Public Service Announcement ** :laugh

So this past tuesday in Montreal we had 2°c (35°F) after being in the -30°C (-22°F). Lots of snow and freezing rain which created beautiful lakes and ice pot holes on many streets. I unfortunately had to pass through one intersection which had a fare amount of water, but not enough to flood or seep in the doors. A few hours later that night, temperatures plunged back to around -10°C (-14°F).

The following morning when I tried to start the car.....nothing lol! Ended up getting it towed with Honda Roadside Assistance. I tried boosting it before, but I knew deep down the car was frozen. My advisor forgot to take a picture, but said ''you put the glaciers to shame''. There were chunks of ice with icicles hanging everywhere. :laugh Not to mention the starter on the 1.5T sits very low. Moral of the story....don't go swimming with your Accords in the winter.

While the car was at the dealer I figured I might as wel do my first oil change (7600km), have them check the radio which was resetting while driving a few times and check the windshield and front grille.

As seen in a few posts all they did for the radio was a hard factory reset. I will try to document the days and conditions if ever it does it again.

The windshield randomly cracked from the A-Pillar passenger side back in September 2018. They insisted then that it was not warranty that they could see a crack right next to the moulding so a rock must of done it. Fast forward to yesterday and I insisted it's a stress crack because when I do the ball point pen test it runs smoothly along the crack. Finally they said they would pass it under warranty. The moulding around the windshield is backordered, but happy that in the end they'll get it fixed.

During my adventure with my car not starting from being frozen I noticed the bubbles on the grill, so that part is ordered as well and I'll be doing it at the same time as the windshield.

Anyone else ever experience these fun issues?

Attachments

· Registered
73 Posts
Yep getting my grill fixed monday

· Registered
10 Posts
My windshield cracked in the exact same spot (lower passenger side corner.) I was just at the dealership yesterday and they tried to tell me that windshields are not covered under warranty. I had to argue with them because there's no chip at all on the glass. It wasn't hit from the inside or outside. It's a stress crack from the up and down weather we've had in PA. They're replacing it next week for free.

· Registered
2,496 Posts
I had seen the bubbly grilles only on old American trucks so far. First time with the 10th gen Accord I am seeing it on a Honda. Disappointing. I understand buying form the lowest bidder but there must be standards. Only explanation is that Honda set the specs too low. Shame. I love my 9th gen, but I have serious doubts about the 10th. I will most likely sit this one out and see if Honda sets the bar where it should be with 11th gen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.