Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Switchback LED turn signal hyperflashing

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  MPLS_SanMarino 
#1 ·
Fellow DA members,

I purchased a pair of Switchback LED turn signal bulbs for 2012 V6 EX-L Coupe, from Diode Dynamics, who are amazing, Mike was really helpful with the purchase.:thmsup:

I trusted my brother to take it to his pal's garage to have my HID's, LED fogs, LED sidemarkers and switchback LED's installed (all purchased from Diode Dynamics).

I explained to him to install the resistor's with the switch back to prevent hyperflashing, lo and behold hyperflashing ensues. The electrician claims all led's hyperflash and resistors dont do a thing. However they don't hyperflash if i use my hazard/warning lights but only when I indicate to turn right or left.

Now, I wish to fix this myself, but how the hell do i reach the bulbs, what tools do i need and how do i fix the resistors? any ideas?

Appreciate your help!

#2 ·
You need to find a better mechanic.
Resistors may be added in the trunk - far easier to reach and tap.

#3 ·
any tips how I can access the lights? it all seems very tight in the engine bay. Do i need to remove anything? any DIY's or instructions will really help!

thanks!

#4 ·
Putting resistors in the back won't fix hyperflash in the front. I had LED's put in the rear running light and turn signals before I decided on switchbacks, and they still hyperflashed before I bought another set of resistors. Putting them on the front was easier than I would've imagined actually. It's a little tight sometimes, but just untwist the bulb out of the socket, and pull the wires up where you can see them. Pull the plastic sheath that covers the wires back several inches so you can see the wires. It's 3 wires on each side, and thinking back you'll need the black and either green/blue depending on which side of the car you're on. From here, simply hook them up with the crimping clamps they usually give you, and just test them out before you put the bulb into the socket.

#5 ·
Front and back are the same circuit so placement in the front or rear is irrelevant.
My resistors are in the rear and no hyper flash front or back.

#7 ·
Two bulbs requires 3 ohm.

#9 ·
I prefer VLEDs products - $$ but quality.

#10 ·
I agree with Doom. VLED's are the best out there that I've seen. Only problem is the 6K switchbacks don't really look right with my 6K headlights and fogs. The LED's are pure white, but my lows and fogs have a blue-ish hue to them, so I'm thinking I may go back to regular bulbs. They also flicker while starting the car, which drives me absolutely nuts. Otherwise, can't beat the quality of VLEDS

#11 ·
I've used the Diode Dynamics switchbacks, however the amber is not as bright and with my 5K setup, i'm getting a feeling that other drivers aren't noticing my signal.

how are the VLED V3 Triton Switchbacks?

Either i fix this hyperflash issue and get the VLEDs or go back to a halogen amber setup to break the 5K radiance...

#12 ·
The Triton's would likely be insanely bright, just not sure if it's worth it for $145. The VLED switchbacks I have were $80/pair and plenty bright, I just simply hate that they don't match the headlights at all. I could go to plain amber LED's but the flickering issue I mentioned in an earlier post is irritating. Perhaps if you upgraded to LED headlight bulbs, the colors would match better, but I'm good with the look of HID for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.