Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up DriveAccord-

A couple months back I purchased a set of Cree Switchback LED front turn signal bulbs from a member another member on this forum. Knowing full well I would need to use load resistors, I went ahead and purchased 2 of them from ijdmtoy (6ohm 50watt). I have them wired in parallel, and I'm pretty sure I have them hooked up to the right wires. Spliced to green and black on the right turn signal, and Blue and Black on the left. They work fine when i hit the turn switch (left and right) and blink amber, and switch to solid white when the blinkers are not being used.

I just installed them yesterday, and my issue is basically: When depress my brake pedal the right led switchback turns off for a split second. this only happens when the blinkers are not being used, and the led is solid white. It happens just about every other time I hit the brakes. I read somewhere on a Honda Element forum that I might need to install diodes because of stray voltage bleeding from the turn signals.

As it stands now, I about to disconnect the load resistors and see if it has any affect. This issue is so frustrating, and I have wracked my brain thinking what could cause this issue. Everyone on this forum seems to have no problem with their switchbacks. Is it just me?? any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Read somewhere that all three brake lights comin on at the same time pulls too much voltage from the led's so it flickers out and comes back on. Bought led brake lights to compensate will update post and let you guys know of it helped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts