Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I recently purchased a brand new 2015 Accord Sport. I don't know if this is OCD or not however when I brought it home and eventually placed 4 bolts on my licence plate I noticed one tail light on the trunk doesn't match the other in terms of seating/fit.

The problem is with the driver side trunk tail light. There is a larger gap in the corner than the passenger side. Additionally it sticks out more as it comes closer to the licence plate. Is this something I should address with Honda? My only concern is water leakage or it is something that should be addressed. I have compared it to other models and they all seem to be a little different.

I will attach 2x pictures of the driver side and 2x pictures of the passenger side. Sorry in advance if the pictures are on a bad angle, couldn't fix it between computer to forum.

Any advice help regarding bringing it to Honda or leaving it.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
HK Moderator
14,056 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Ace.

Yes, you should address this issue with your dealer. Some owners have complained about the paint chipping around these tail lights (installed too tightly), and some have complained about poor fitment (installed too loose or one side too tight/one side too loose).

The lights can be adjusted rather easily. Don't worry about water leaks, as the butyl rubber around the tail lights won't let water in (for about 20 years or so- depending on the weather where you live).

Speaking of which, kindly update your location info under your User CP setting. Much about our cars depend on location.

Welcome, and nice first post with pics.

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
Yeah... Be grateful your light is poking out and no paint is chipped. Both of my headlights were installed incorrectly and I have chipping paint as a result. One taillight also suffers from this issue. I'm going to take it to a dealer and bitch the day before my warranty runs out.

Shame on Honda for making such a stupid mistake.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies! I made an appointment with Honda Tuesday so I'll update anything important learned. I notice on one of the corners of the tail light sticking out there is a small paint chip so I will address that as well.

Other than this small issue...love the car. I went from a 2015 5.0 Litre Mustang to this vehicle and I couldn't be happier!

Cheers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New job in a new city...spent almost a year training and finally was able to settle down. Figured I worked hard and deserve a vehicle I have always dreamed of...so the expensive car payment and no fuel effieciency didn't cross my mind really. I had it long enough to drive through Halifax's worst winter and that was really enough for me to realize I made a poor investment in a vehicle. Started doing more day trips to explore Nova Scotia and one trip would kill my tank of gas...the cool factor just wore off.

Realized I needed a more practical car and wanted to go back to something i was comfortable in which was an Accord. Iv owned two 1992 Accords (one a couple another a sedan), then a 2006 Accord coupe which I sadly traded in for the mustang. Much happier to be back in an accord. I know it will do me well if I take care of it and will work with any new challenges life throws at me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to also mention...from the dealer it had 250km on it and had a scratched headlight, window and paint job. Repeatedly had to bring it back to ford and when returned a new dent in the door and a messed up heater block cable followed. Left a sour taste in my mouth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts