Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Accord and several of the LEDs on one of the tail lights aren't working. Is there a way to replace them or must I buy a whole new tail light ?

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Please note that you have to remove the bumper and some of the trunk lining to get the taillight out to swap the panel...Not very difficult at all but I'd set aside a couple hours if you've never done it before...The only issue I ran into was the bolts holding the bottom of the taillight to the unibody were slightly corroded but I was able to remove them and replace with new hardware...

·
Registered
178 Posts
The tail light and the LED board are separate parts that just connect to each other. Pretty easy to swap.

33502-SDA-A32 LED UNIT, R. 1 $194.48
33552-SDA-A32 LED UNIT, L. 1 $194.48

http://www.bkhondaparts.com/parts-c...l-exhaust-heater-fuel/taillight-license-light

Please note that you have to remove the bumper and some of the trunk lining to get the taillight out to swap the panel...Not very difficult at all but I'd set aside a couple hours if you've never done it before
What a pain. Thank God I have a 7th instead of a 7.5. Two years ago I replaced every rear light in my 05, tails, brakes, reverses, blinkers, all light bulbs in the rear for less than $25 and it took 15 minutes to replace all of them. No removing the bumper or any of that either.

·
Registered
287 Posts
What a pain. Thank God I have a 7th instead of a 7.5. Two years ago I replaced every rear light in my 05, tails, brakes, reverses, blinkers, all light bulbs in the rear for less than $25 and it took 15 minutes to replace all of them. No removing the bumper or any of that either.
The 7.5 gen tailights look a lot better, it's worth it to have LEDs. :thmsup::yes:

I don't think its common for them to go out. Watch I bet I jinx myself with that comment. I'm gonna go out tomorrow and see LEDs out on my taillight

·
Registered
123 Posts
The 7.5 gen tailights look a lot better, it's worth it to have LEDs. :thmsup::yes:

I don't think its common for them to go out. Watch I bet I jinx myself with that comment. I'm gonna go out tomorrow and see LEDs out on my taillight
Nah, not a fan of the LED tail lights or headlights, they will fail eventually. I saw many of them with multiple lights went out even on expensive luxury cars. It is a PITA and costly to get them repaired or replaced. I will keep my current car with regular lights which only burns one light bulb in 10 years.

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
Insult! Humiliation! It is a known fact that the 7th Gen tail was better looking than the 7.5 Gen tail. Won many contests, the 7th Gen did. I will try to find the links to all those awards- but for now, you will have to take my word on it :paranoid:

I laugh at you 7.5 Genners not knowing how to change light bulbs. Johnny Law pulls me over every year to tell me a bulb is burnt out- so I have lots of practice changing bulbs.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,497 Posts
The 2006-2007 LED tail lights on the Accord are half-assed by Honda. Looks totally lame with an LED brake light, but a standard-bulb turn signal light blinking at the same time. Honda dropped the LED tails in the 8th Gen, and appears to have offered them again in high trim models of the 9th Gen. 7.5 Gen is also a stupid term made up by someone on this board. Honda refers to the 7th Gen as 2003-2007. They don't even call it 7.5.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The 2006-2007 LED tail lights on the Accord are half-assed by Honda. Looks totally lame with an LED brake light, but a standard-bulb turn signal light blinking at the same time. Honda dropped the LED tails in the 8th Gen, and appears to have offered them again in high trim models of the 9th Gen. 7.5 Gen is also a stupid term made up by someone on this board. Honda refers to the 7th Gen as 2003-2007. They don't even call it 7.5.

Sent from my LGoogle Nexus 5.

Attachments

Reactions: DreaminAccord

·
Supporting Vendor
655 Posts
Once a factory LED goes out in an assembly like that, it's easier to replace the whole unit rather than solder in a new LED. Plus it may not have the same brightness as the factory leds and look weird.

I'd look for a used set somewhere

Nick C.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts