Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. just wondering if any Belize Blue Pearl Coupe owners have tinted their tail lights? i'm just thinking of doing mine but i wanna know how it looks like first. so any pics would be great! :thmsup: thanks!

·
~Sexy Time~
1,264 Posts
i would tell you, But i havent put it on yet

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
You are asking for trouble, and it is against the law.

IMHO, DUMBEST mod anyone can do for any car.

I would rather you get a Hood Scoop!

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
If you want to do it right...

Take the tail lights off, bake them, and spray tint the inside of the lens. This way the cops/inspection station cant noticable see the tint film, or chips/bubbles from spraying the lens on the outside. It looks more proffesional, like it came from the factory like that. When I say this I mean only tinted enough to give a sleek look but not blacking them out. If you just black them out then it doesnt matter how you do it, your prolly gonna get hassled for it.

I spray tinted mine, but I have a 7.5 gen. I spray tinted around the break and reverse light, and only lightly tinted over the blinkers. Just taped off the lights that I wanted to show, and taped off the rest of the car. I sprayed the outside of the lens fairly dark, then I went over it with a buffer and rubbing compound. The buffer will remove the top layer of tint and lighten the color up a bit. But it will be smooth and shiny just like your paint. Looks fairly professional if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
tint is helpful lol..... Usually unless the cops are bored they dont care about ur tint.... But i got pulled over for 70 in a 50 (i live in the middle of no where i was driving threw a field and no1 else was around.....) and hes like what ill do is give u the warning for the speeding and heres a no point ticket for ur tint... i was like ok thanks lol... if i didnt have my tint he would have given me a ticket for speeding :thmsup:... there are several people on here with the blue that have theirs tinted out... it looks pretty good if you do other things that are dark... dark wheels tinted windows etc

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
something to ponder...

If you get rear ended at night, YOU could be on the hook for all the bills, because of your tinted lights.

Large risk, cause you think it makes you look cool.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
something to ponder...

If you get rear ended at night, YOU could be on the hook for all the bills, because of your tinted lights.

correction... it makes the car look cooler :thmsup:

Dont get rear ended... u can see plain as day threw the tint... if u get hit then ppl are blind.. i love my tint

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
something to ponder...

Good point. Another thing to consider is not to hang anything in your rearview mirror. Was told by an accident scene investigator that having an object hanging on your rearview mirror could put you responsible for the accident and make the insurance company not pay for any damage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts