Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i get on ebay and order some LED's for my reverse light (7440), turn signal(992, 7440A), and brake light (7443), does anybody here have them already on their ride? if so, could u please post some pics? and what are the stock light colors for these 3? are they all white? reason i ask is because the tail light 'lens' is red, so does that mean i wouldnt need to buy a red LED light and just get a bright white one? and which one out of the hundreds of types of LED's do u recommend? the full 360 degree one, 18 SMD, single filament, etc? what color do u guys suggest for these 3? all white?

your advice/opinions/feedback is greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
You will be wasting your money. People have tried replacing bulbs on rear lights with LED, all have ended up putting stock bulbs back in. You will have MUCH less output and lighted area. Anyone rear ended you will have a legal and legitimate cause to sue you due to modified rear end lights causing them to not notice your brake lights.

If you want LED on the tail light, this alternative option would be safer and more aesthetic.

·
Registered
685 Posts
before i get on ebay and order some LED's for my reverse light (7440), turn signal(992, 7440A), and brake light (7443), does anybody here have them already on their ride? if so, could u please post some pics? and what are the stock light colors for these 3? are they all white? reason i ask is because the tail light 'lens' is red, so does that mean i wouldnt need to buy a red LED light and just get a bright white one? and which one out of the hundreds of types of LED's do u recommend? the full 360 degree one, 18 SMD, single filament, etc? what color do u guys suggest for these 3? all white?

your advice/opinions/feedback is greatly appreciated :)
Well I think swapping out turn signals with LEDs is a very good choice, for one reason, i just did my front signals. Reverse lights are a good idea with simple LEDs too. I have heard that replacing backup lights with LEDs is great because they are brighter and give you light to back up. As far as the actual break lights I would like to think replacing them with LEDs would be more crisp and bright as well and yes you would definitely want a red LED for the breaklights if you were to do that.

You will be wasting your money. People have tried replacing bulbs on rear lights with LED, all have ended up putting stock bulbs back in. You will have MUCH less output and lighted area. Anyone rear ended you will have a legal and legitimate cause to sue you due to modified rear end lights causing them to not notice your brake lights.

If you want LED on the tail light, this alternative option would be safer and more aesthetic.
I see what your saying about the output, but my front signals are actually brighter now that I have the LEDs in.
:thmsup:
Maybe there is a difference though. I do see what you mean if someone hit someone with a modified rear end they have an argument for aftermarket lights, but as far as I know, they are brighter. I would just think putting LEDs in the breaklights would also be good though. Tell me why not and check out my newest mod.
Front LED signals:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50744

·
Registered
458 Posts
Tell me why not and check out my newest mod.
Front LED signals:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50744
The LEDs don't look a whole lot brighter in your pics.

Any why not for tail/brake lights? I swapped out the stock tail/brake light bulbs on my motorcycle a few years back, with LEDs. At night they were significantly brighter, but eventually I realized that during the day they were hardly visible (especially with the sun shining on them). So I swapped 'em back.

You can try it with your front LEDs that you have installed. Point the car towards the sun and see how visible they are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts