Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· 08 EX-L Coupe 6-6
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taillight mod is one where your two red taillight banks are lit up when your parking lights are on, instead of just the bottom one. It makes your car look unique at night from the back.

First of all, big props to korrupt3dazn for being kind enough to share his method with us. I followed his steps except I did some minor adjustments, mainly used smaller wire, and drilled smaller holes, but its essentially the same.

I had been planning on using the method outlined by the folks at My8thGen, but his twist on it eliminated a lot of extra work and achieved the same exact thing.

What you will need:

Bulbs: 7443 Bulbs from Advanced Auto (6.99 for 2-pack).
Wire: 6 Ft. speaker wire, or any mid-load wire, relatively thin to fit in the harness.
Drill/Cork: something to make your holes with.
Knife/Razor/Xacto Knife: Splicing the stock wires.

Final:

Attachments

· 08 EX-L Coupe 6-6
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did u cut into the wire when u connected the third wire? Like am i able to use t taps for cleaner and easier install
I did not cut the stock wires, I basically cut off some of the harness to expose the copper wire using a knife. Then I threaded the new wire between the harness and the copper itself twisting it tightly to secure it in place. Then I proceeded by taping it up tightly.

· 2009 accord ex 4 cylinder
905 Posts
good mod but i'll pass broda ! i think its too much work for really not noticeable , but i agree it looks sick bro so props to you

· Registered
1,787 Posts

· 08 EX-L Coupe 6-6
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL you really don't need blue tabs, that's going way over board.

With my method I can easily unhook the wire and retape it since the original stock wires were never cut. After everything was nicely taped up, it really doesn't look that bad.

· Retired from BMW of NA
9,652 Posts
LOL you really don't need blue tabs, that's going way over board.

With my method I can easily unhook the wire and retape it since the original stock wires were never cut. After everything was nicely taped up, it really doesn't look that bad.
"overboard" to tap a wire? No...

good luck, it's a wire connection that has no longevity to it and certainly not approved in any way shape or form by any good auto tech or Honda...

· 08 EX-L Coupe 6-6
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll live with it for the time being. Hope I don't get busted by the tech inspection police :p

· Honda Racing Evolution
2,179 Posts
@OP

Dude, you should be fine! No need to worry about anything. Others ways to do this, yes but this is also one of the way. If done properly it should last you over the life of the car. I splice and tape more than using any tabs on my car. Not a single problem till now.

· Registered
5 Posts
Taillight mod is one where your two red taillight banks are lit up when your parking lights are on, instead of just the bottom one. It makes your car look unique at night from the back.

First of all, big props to korrupt3dazn for being kind enough to share his method with us. I followed his steps except I did some minor adjustments, mainly used smaller wire, and drilled smaller holes, but its essentially the same.

I had been planning on using the method outlined by the folks at My8thGen, but his twist on it eliminated a lot of extra work and achieved the same exact thing.

What you will need:

Bulbs: 7443 Bulbs from Advanced Auto (6.99 for 2-pack).
Wire: 6 Ft. speaker wire, or any mid-load wire, relatively thin to fit in the harness.
Drill/Cork: something to make your holes with.
Knife/Razor/Xacto Knife: Splicing the stock wires.

Final:

What I wanna know is what is these black lines on your taillight called?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts