Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is for anyone who has put a Takeda SRI on a 9th gen 4 cyl. I was looking at the install instructions and it says something about changing a coolant line? Is this necessary? And if so, is it tough to do? I understand the vacuum line from the intake manifold, but why do you need to change the other line? I've put on intakes before and never had to reroute coolant/vacuum lines.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The kit comes with new coolant hoses. Yeah it's necessary. The hardest part about replacing them is accessing the hose clamps. It's not too bad at all.

·
Registered
923 Posts
This question is for anyone who has put a Takeda SRI on a 9th gen 4 cyl. I was looking at the install instructions and it says something about changing a coolant line? Is this necessary? And if so, is it tough to do? I understand the vacuum line from the intake manifold, but why do you need to change the other line? I've put on intakes before and never had to reroute coolant/vacuum lines.
I have a Injen CAI and had to do the same thing. I was a bit concerned also. It is a piece of cake. You are just removing some preformed small hoses and using provided pieces to remake the connections. Very easy and no worries at all.

I do need to snap some pictures of all the stuff that is removed from the install of a CAI. Hard to believe the air flow goes through so many parts and boxes and such.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Injen CAI and had to do the same thing. I was a bit concerned also. It is a piece of cake. You are just removing some preformed small hoses and using provided pieces to remake the connections. Very easy and no worries at all.

I do need to snap some pictures of all the stuff that is removed from the install of a CAI. Hard to believe the air flow goes through so many parts and boxes and such.
I saw that you leave all the other ductwork in when putting in a SRI. Is there any advantage to removing all the lower ductwork? I don't know if the SRI uses any of the air coming in through the stock intake ductwork.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I saw that you leave all the other ductwork in when putting in a SRI. Is there any advantage to removing all the lower ductwork? I don't know if the SRI uses any of the air coming in through the stock intake ductwork.
Taking it out saves two pounds of weight. That's about it.

·
Registered
923 Posts
SRI no need to take it out, CAI it has to come out. In a CAI the duct work on the hood empty's cold air right onto the CAI filter. SRI it would make little difference.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am planning on leaving my ductwork so that way during highway driving cool air is routed directly to SRI. Since where I live some roads tend to flood during rainy season I don't want a cold air since i have friends that have hydrolocked their engines. Those 2 pounds u are trying to take out have negligible effect its like not bringing a bottle of water in ur car cause it adds weight and ur gonna lose a race with ur friend. :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts