Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2010 auto V6 Coupe or 2015 Accord Sport Six Speed?

• Keep the V6 at 95k miles and drive it into the ground

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Buy the 2015 Sport w/ 6 speed manual

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I hear you...some of the '17's I found were still pretty pricy...that's why I said be patient. I got mine at the dealership in August last year, it was a trade in from a guy that had found out his wife was pregnant. Had 25K on it, factory warranty, primo shape and conditions, minus the small chips on the hood that Dr. Colorchips took care of, for 21K. Didn't hurt that I have purchased 4 brand new Honda's from that dealer over the years. On the timing belt issue, look around. There are a bunch of places that can do that belt and all the other internal replacement parts WAY cheaper than the dealership. Fact, all of my V6's have been done by a local mechanic and I've never had any issues. Curious, what to you mean by "both axles"? 100K miles, your just getting that V6 broken in!!! You also got to figure your insurance is going to go up with a newer car.
Oh I'd never take it to a dealership for service unless it was under warranty. I've got a ninja of a mechanic next door to where I work... axles, meaning I know the CV boots are about to crack and break open This isn't my first rodeo! I've had nine Hondas, broken axles on every one of them at least once! One time I was doing 70mph!

·
Registered
42 Posts
To the OP-
I traded my 09 EXL Coupe 4 AT @ 200K. I really really wanted a 16/17 Coupe V6. It felt great, I liked the smooth power delivery, but it did not feel like a very nimble car that was light on its feet in the turns. The V6 made it feel heavy and sluggish into the turns.

Having my under 2 yr old grandson live with us, and the need to transport him made me rethink the Coupe, and I ended up with a 16 Sport CVT. It feels much lighter in corners than the V6 Coupe- much more nimble. The CVT took some getting used to, but its a much better tranny than any NISSAN version. I relally thought I would miss my Coupe, but its been almost 6 months and I'm good.

I also find the seat on a Gen 9 a bit lower to floor than the Gen 8 Coupe.

Chris

·
ChoppednTubbed
434 Posts
I was in the same boat. I just could NOT imagine myself driving a 4 cylinder. Wife has had about every generation of CRV's and I just can't stand 4 cylinders. Notice my signature block. I waited...and waited...and waited....for a last year production, 2017, Honda Accord coupe, V6, in good shape. My dealer actually found this for me. I'd say, unless you need a 4 door, patience. Look around for a 2017 coupe. Here in about 3 weeks, they will drop in value a little because of age. If you got a good dealer, talk to them and let them know what you want, they will find one, just don't be in a hurry. Anyway, that's my .02
Oh, forgot to add....that model has the paddle shifters. I know it's not a manual, but once you get the art of paddle shifting down, like I trying to learn, it's a LOT of fun. I don't miss the stick at all.
Hey, Schmoe,
Gotta preface my comments with the fact I've been driving Hondas since 1988. Most all have been manual transmissions, and ALWAYS the 6 cylinder, when available, I have 2 2016 Honda Accord V6s. For the heck of ii, last year around this time, I was shopping around for a truck, and upon seeing Honda, I just had to drive the new '18 2,0T That engine, coupled with a 10 AT is an absolute hoot to drive, It also had paddle shifters. Well, a little over a couple months ago, which was a year later I went back and purchased a '19 2.0T Touring. Have never looked back and no purchase disonance, whatsoever. The throttle response is amazing. The turbo spools up instantaneously, and it has incredible throttle response, and boy does it pull!!! This is all with no mods,Yes, I was a die hard V6 fan, but now I say, "what V6?"

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,155 Posts
My 3rd gear would literally pop out.

Changing to AMSOIL syncromesh literally fixed everything. After driving about 100 miles all of the benefits will be in effect.

As for OP's original question I would have to say, if you own a house then go for it. If you are still saving then I'd say wait because there are some very good cars coming out in the next few years, not hondas.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
After nearly 25 years of driving manuals in an urban/suburban setting, I'm actually tired of it. If I lived in a rural area sure, but the constant stop/go has gotten annoying. I don't even live/travel in chicago proper, just suburbia.

Do what you feel is right for you. If it was a 6 cyl 6 spd, that might be worth the upgrade, but a 6 spd 4 banger is a waste.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey, Schmoe,
Gotta preface my comments with the fact I've been driving Hondas since 1988. Most all have been manual transmissions, and ALWAYS the 6 cylinder, when available, I have 2 2016 Honda Accord V6s. For the heck of ii, last year around this time, I was shopping around for a truck, and upon seeing Honda, I just had to drive the new '18 2,0T That engine, coupled with a 10 AT is an absolute hoot to drive, It also had paddle shifters. Well, a little over a couple months ago, which was a year later I went back and purchased a '19 2.0T Touring. Have never looked back and no purchase disonance, whatsoever. The throttle response is amazing. The turbo spools up instantaneously, and it has incredible throttle response, and boy does it pull!!! This is all with no mods,Yes, I was a die hard V6 fan, but now I say, "what V6?"
I've heard that from some other Honda owners too. But, hell, I'm still pissed that the V8 got dropped from most lineups!!! LOL. To me...and every 4 banger I've been in....they aren't no where near smooth as a V6. They're just not. As I've gotten older, I've turned more into smoother, quieter engines as opposed to when I was younger and wanted to get after it. I've noticed on my wives CRV, once that turbo spools up around 3-4K, it really gets moving, but there is that lag. With the V6, power is there immediately. One comment above said that the coupe didn't handle cornering so well, I totally disagree. This thing will just suck the apex out of any curve, and then pull you out as soon as you hit the gas. To me, the 9th gens are far more better looking. I just haven't caught on to the 10 gens yet. Don't know if I ever will.

·
ChoppednTubbed
434 Posts
I've heard that from some other Honda owners too. But, hell, I'm still pissed that the V8 got dropped from most lineups!!! LOL. To me...and every 4 banger I've been in....they aren't no where near smooth as a V6. They're just not. As I've gotten older, I've turned more into smoother, quieter engines as opposed to when I was younger and wanted to get after it. I've noticed on my wives CRV, once that turbo spools up around 3-4K, it really gets moving, but there is that lag. With the V6, power is there immediately. One comment above said that the coupe didn't handle cornering so well, I totally disagree. This thing will just suck the apex out of any curve, and then pull you out as soon as you hit the gas. To me, the 9th gens are far more better looking. I just haven't caught on to the 10 gens yet. Don't know if I ever will.
Maybe the gen 10s are just not a car for you. Good luck.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts