Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased Tanabe DF 210 Springs for my 2007 Accord 4 door I4, and when my brother saw the package, he said that I couldn't just install the springs, and that I had to buy a camber kit and new shocks. Is this true? And is it possible for you guys to list out some brands of some good camber kits and shocks. Thanks guys !

· Premium Member
2020 MSM accord 2.0t Sport
5,553 Posts
It's a good idea to use aftermarket shocks/struts, but you don't HAVE to. How many miles are on your car? The more miles on the original struts, the less time/miles they will last. With a 2" drop in front and 1.7" in the rear, a camber kit may be needed, but toe will eat your tires faster than camber will. Toe can be corrected without a camber kit.

· lookin' clean
670 Posts
I did the same thing, stock shocks with dropped springs. One shock started making noises after a while. Better off swapping it all at once aftermarket struts have a thicker rod and designed to take more abuse. I ended up taking my suspension apart twice and I wished I did it all at once.

· Super Moderator
7,440 Posts
Do it right. Get aftermarket performance shocks and camber kit and swap out everything with 1 labor cost. You WILL blow your stock shocks on higher rate springs sooner than you expect.

· mobiless2
2,201 Posts
Least expensive Tokico, most expensive Koni.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.