Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I swear I searched, but I didn't find anything concrete.

It _seems_ to me that these spacers are complete bunk. I mean, if the car ran more efficiently with a 3/4" greater distance between the TB and the manifold, then why isn't it like that from the factory? My guess is that this is a part that is easily made, easily installed, and makes people feel like they've done something to their cars.

Has anyone done before/after dyno runs to demonstrate any actual improvements?

·
Registered
152 Posts
If cars came from the factory fully optimized then...

A. They would cost a lot more money.
B. There would be no such thing as performance mods.

So your logic there is bunk.

That being said, there have been some dyno's posted on here concerning TB spacers that showed an increase in torque, but if I remember correctly there was no actual WHP increase.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If cars came from the factory fully optimized then...

A. They would cost a lot more money.
B. There would be no such thing as performance mods.

So your logic there is bunk.

That being said, there have been some dyno's posted on here concerning TB spacers that showed an increase in torque, but if I remember correctly there was no actual WHP increase.
Actually, no. There are plenty of areas where it makes perfect sense that aftermarket-mod-x does not come from the factory, due to costs as you mentioned, or unacceptable compromise (ride quality, MPG, safety, etc.). A 20mm increase in the length of the flange on a TB is not any of those things (presumably).

EDIT: also, your 6/6 coupe is sex. I would have one of those if I didn't have a family truckster requirement on my car choice :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
EDIT: also, your 6/6 coupe is sex. I would have one of those if I didn't have a family truckster requirement on my car choice :)
I lug three kids around in that thing... haha. I refuse to grow up and get a family car. :banana:

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Find pictures of some high performance engines...if they have a TB spacer than it must provide a performance benefit. Otherwise don't waste your time or money.

·
Registered
506 Posts
With direct injection engines throttle body spacers are useless.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Personally I think they're more engine bling than anything else. Don't think I've ever seen anyone do a back to back dyno run to verify the claimed performance gains.

The theory is that straightening out the flow path for the intake creates more flow and less turbulence. I don't really think that matters when the intake manifold past the TB isn't a stright shot anyways on the I4, and in the case of the V6 the intake already is straight.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,325 Posts
I have one, you will never be able to notice a difference, good or bad with it. I put mine on during my stint of when I wanted every bolt on engine performance mod, that is one mod that is a waste of money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts