Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Long story short I recently got into an accident on the right side of the vehicle which damaged the feeder, bumped, wheel, hood. Everything was fixed and replaced as well as a new axle. This is on an 04 V6 AUTO. So, after it was all fixed I had the TCS, ABS and Triangle with an ! In it on. I read that it could be my ABS sensor so I purchased a new one and swapped it. No luck. So returned it and went to the wheel bearing. Boom, all lights were fixed.

Now, prior to replacing the wheel bearing I hooked up the scanner tool to it and it read off 5 codes.

11, 12, 61, 83, and 86. After replacing the wheel bearing and driving the car around for about 1k miles I decided to hook the scanner up again. I previously forgot to clear the codes! (DOH!) at this point, it still reads all the same codes, so I go and remove all the codes to see if anything comes back.

After idling for a minute or two warming the car up the Triangle with the exclamation point came on. I drove down the block and gassed the car, hit a little bump and boom, the TCS light came on. No ABS light though. So now, when I start the car, the first light that comes on is the Triangle with the exclamation point and as soon as I hit an area of pavement that may need TCS, that light pops on. Car is running fine otherwise and I have yet to re scan the car, but does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Today I plan to disconnect the battery for 20 minutes and re connect to see what happens. The battery is also relatively new so I don't know why it's giving me a bad battery code.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: I guess that wasn't such a short story haha.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i'm kinda in the same situation and mine was worse but i've got it down to the ! & TCS showing

what are the full description for the Codes?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in literally the exact same situation. Accident, all was fine. Then lights, replaced ABS, nothing. Replaced wheel bearing, all lights were gone. A week or two later I decided to scan and reset the computer (had a misfire at the time) and now I have the same triangle with exclamation point on startup and TCS when I hit a bump or something. I'm gonna try the pin jumping crap.... Eventually. But I'm annoyed with all the lights on my dash lol. Car still runs strong though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
1) bad ABS sensor in one of the front wheels
2) bearing is in wrong way and the sensor can't read the magnet
3) just need to do the jump pin procedure to reset the codes

try 3) first and if that doesn't work, it is probably one of the other items. ABS sensors in the hub are a bear to get out if it's never been replaced. Plan on drilling it out. I went through this about a year ago and ended up having to go to a mechanic to drill it out...mainly because I didn't want any of the pieces of plastic to fall in the hub, which can make the new sensor error. I figured if he did it and the plastic fell in there, at least he had the tools to take the hub off and retrieve the shavings.

·
Mike
842 Posts
TCS pressure sensor neutral position memorization is not an uncommon cause, it can also loose the setting after an electrical glitch, as it did in mine.

However I have a Honda HDS, it identified the problem and stepped me through the reset via the HDS and my laptop. That was years ago, never happened again. I've seen it happen to people repairing any part of their ABS system and in some cases after bleeding the brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts