Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Car so nice, bought twice
4,733 Posts
Gqneo, you can google what a sway bar does but basically it makes the wheels stop behaving independently of each other. Having a 22mm bar on mine does make the back end feel more planted when doing 75 mph sweeping interstate exits (where it doesn't feel like the backend is about to jump when I hit a bump or sway side to side), but the downside is that speed bumps and turning onto my driveway I feel a pretty significant jolt.

4,733 Posts
Serious question. If we were to put a big sway bar, 28mm front and 26mm rear(random combination). And the mounts is able to handle it. Virtually there will be no body roll?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I think at some point it'd be better to just put stiff coilovers if you want to prevent body roll.

And from what I can tell with my car, stock FSB + 22mm RSB it still feels like it wants to understeer.

4,733 Posts
Pro tip for you guys if you end up buying a sway bar that doesn't have a Honda bushing made for it (22mm). Wrap the bar in gas pipe teflon tape (it's yellow and thicker than the white stuff) and then grease it up before installing the bushing. Won't squeak. Also you can buy greasable bushing brackets:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.